Thread: ESI/LIE Conversations

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI sp/sx (initials BD), to LIE: The last guy I went out with said he wanted to see my cat. That sounded strange. I asked my girlfriend what he meant by that. She said, "You know. Your cat."

LIE: -_-

LIE thinks, "I can't read this at all. Is she really this dumb? Why did she bring up sex? And why does this feel like a warning?"

I think I'm having a problem with the ESI's ambiguity. I've had two long-term LSI GFs, and there was no ambiguity with them at all.
    It's exactly like what @Rebelondeck described here:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    LSIs are very literal. Only quantifiable things are acceptable and only quantifiable things are produced; there's very little ambiguity with them at all.
    ESIs prefer quantifiable input but often don't produce it for others; they can be quite ambiguous but hate it when someone else is. They seem to turn quantifiable information into the qualitative, which can make them rather inventive in an artistic sense.
    ESIs tend to have much thinner skins and seem less confident in themselves than LSIs, but this can be all for show. LSIs seem far more rigid, inflexible and or regimented while ESIs have a soft outer layer that covers an equally hard interior. To tell them apart, look for a soft coat, and if it's not there, think LSI......

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-28-2021 at 03:30 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

On ESIs “Dealing a Blow”

ESI Nurse, to LIE, over lunch: “I get along with most of the doctors, but some of them are just jerks. I once arrived at the hospital and two nurses came out of the operating room in tears. “He’s being so mean”, they said.
    “I told them that I’d take over. I went in and the doctor said, “Did you bring the (insert the name of some surgical instrument that I didn’t catch – ed.)?

“I said (here the ESI shifts to a forceful, sarcastic, extremely critical voice) “No, because I’m a complete fucking idiot.”
    “He behaved himself for the rest of the day.

“Sometimes, I think they think I’m Nurse Ratched, but I don’t care. He made those two nurses cry.”

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    On ESIs “Dealing a Blow”

ESI Nurse, to LIE, over lunch: “I get along with most of the doctors, but some of them are just jerks. I once arrived at the hospital and two nurses came out of the operating room in tears. “He’s being so mean”, they said.
    “I told them that I’d take over. I went in and the doctor said, “Did you bring the (insert the name of some surgical instrument that I didn’t catch – ed.)?

“I said (here the ESI shifts to a forceful, sarcastic, extremely critical voice) “No, because I’m a complete fucking idiot.”
    “He behaved himself for the rest of the day.

“Sometimes, I think they think I’m Nurse Ratched, but I don’t care. He made those two nurses cry.”
    I don't see how this was dealing a blow. Does it relate to low valued Fi? My spontaneous reaction to that would be "Well, go back and get it then, and lose the attitude"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I don't see how this was dealing a blow. Does it relate to low valued Fi? My spontaneous reaction to that would be "Well, go back and get it then, and lose the attitude"
    I don't think she ever loses the attitude, to be honest. She seems to be unaffected by other people.

As for "dealing a blow", she did make the surgeon change his behavior. I suspect that she had some sixth sense about what would work with him. If he had been an SLE, she might have directly criticized his moral behavior in front of the other doctors, IDK.

I've never interacted with a female ESI for so long before. She's very different from other women. She dresses like a runway model and acts like she has to correct the world's morals. I've been taking her to lunch for months and she's never worn the same thing twice.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    actually that seems to be a SEE-ESI (Se subtyle, high neuroticism) interaction, when SEEs are mad ESIs can calm them down by threathening to act even more crazy than they do - usually works.

SLEs are more low key...i haven't seen really ESIs and SLEs fight...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    actually that seems to be a SEE-ESI (Se subtyle, high neuroticism) interaction, when SEEs are mad ESIs can calm them down by threathening to act even more crazy than they do - usually works.

SLEs are more low key...i haven't seen really ESIs and SLEs fight...
    I've known an ESI-Se artist for about eight years (and been in limerance with her almost since Day One) who, at one time, had an SLE-Se GF. I didn't see them fight, but I did see the ESI give the SLE a look like "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" They broke up shortly after that.

Just for the record, the ESI-Se Artist now has a new GF, and by VI, she's an ESI-Se.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've known an ESI-Se artist for about eight years (and been in limerance with her almost since Day One) who, at one time, had an SLE-Se GF. I didn't see them fight, but I did see the ESI give the SLE a look like "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" They broke up shortly after that.

Just for the record, the ESI-Se Artist now has a new GF, and by VI, she's an ESI-Se.
    Also consider that ESIs and SLEs have IxFx - ExTx temperament compatibility. One is feeler introvert the other one extroverted thinker there isn´t much overlap except when SLEs become to "sensing" and reach their Se apex

Many adult SLEs have occupations where strong Te is required
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Also consider that ESIs and SLEs have IxFx - ExTx temperament compatibility. One is feeler introvert the other one extroverted thinker there isn´t much overlap except when SLEs become to "sensing" and reach their Se apex

Many adult SLEs have occupations where strong Te is required
    This particular woman is an ESI-Se artist who was raised by an SEE father (who constantly took pictures of her and posted them to his social media accounts. Take a look at what Stratiyevskaya, an ESI herself, says about ESI-SEE relationships) and an EIE mother who is a psychologist with cult-creation tendencies. (“Dissolve your own ego, give yourself up to my greater cause and follow me. Become me.”)

If the woman is consistently choosing female Se-doms for partners, then she’s still at the personal development stage where she’s looking for personal validation of her own identity, rather than being at a stage where she is happy with who she is and confident in her strengths and is merely looking for someone (an LIE-Ni) to cover her own clear weaknesses.

In my considered opinion.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-15-2021 at 01:41 AM.