Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I'm going to be honest, right at the beginning, reading the part about her not being able to park the car (poor functional Te), not knowing enough about the car to use it properly (poor hands on Te), ending up in the wrong place and describing it poorly (poor descriptive Te/Se), and being late, rather than early (doesn't sound Ij), I immediately was reminded of SEIs.
    Thanks, @Nobody.

Yes, I agree. There are other signs that she is SEI. Her Si is phenomenal. She dresses as well as my SLI ex, which is saying something. I've never met another woman who dresses with the same good taste that my ex did.

Her comments about our lunch date were all about how it tasted and how she felt.

She showed me pictures of her family. Her father looks SLI or ESE (Si for sure) and her son looks LII (Alpha). Her ex-husband looks like an ESE, or less likely, an ILE, the picture wasn't clear. She is complaining that he keeps asking her for money.

She does not seem like an Aggressor, but more like a Caregiver. She works as a Nurse.

I may have done the classic Second-wife thing, and found a woman who is a twin to my ex-wife. FML.

Arguments on the ESI side are that
    1. her ex told her that he had never been satisfied with her in their entire marriage.
    2. She seems to be absorbing my Te conversations without comment. Either it's a case of her being SEI and getting Te like a deer in the headlights, or she's ESI and just encountering Te for the first time in a Dual. I can't tell which one it is. I mean, when I first started hanging out with an LSI Aggressor after my marriage, it was like stepping from a dark cave into the light of Fi-Role.
    3. She looks SEI most of the time, but not strongly like an SEI. When I was talking with her about investing, her face turned entirely to an ESI's.

My theory at this point is that she's an ESI who has been surrounded by Alphas all her life and has made the best of it by adapting. I could be wrong.

At this point, I really don't know. I've been talking with her for five months but we've only met once. I will say that I was pretty comfortable with talking to her in person, while my lunch with an SEI was an experience I don't wish to repeat. I like SEI's a lot for about five minutes, and then things become increasingly strained until I just have to get out of there.

Other potential problems are that she has a nice house on a lake that is an hour's drive away from me, and she lists her political affiliation as Republican. Not good.

I've read that a woman knows within seconds whether she would sleep with a guy or not. When I walked up to her car, she got out and did a slow turn so I could see her from all angles. Would an SEI do that? IDK. Probably that's not a diferentiator between SEI and ESI.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've read that a woman knows within seconds whether she would sleep with a guy or not. When I walked up to her car, she got out and did a slow turn so I could see her from all angles. Would an SEI do that? IDK. Probably that's not a diferentiator between SEI and ESI.
    I don't know, but it does sound like Se a little.

It sounds like she wouldn't even know if she was SEI or ESI though. I knew a supervisor relationship between an SEI and an LSE. The LSE would try and get the SEI involved in whatever tasks they were doing and he would get mad at her for not anticipating what needed to be done. He needed to spell everything out and they would get mad at each other. Their relationship didn't last, even though she admired his Te.
    So, just a thought, but maybe you could try doing something Te heavy and she if she's receptive or not? And since I'm living vicariously through you, let us know how it turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I don't know, but it does sound like Se a little.

It sounds like she wouldn't even know if she was SEI or ESI though. I knew a supervisor relationship between an SEI and an LSE. The LSE would try and get the SEI involved in whatever tasks they were doing and he would get mad at her for not anticipating what needed to be done. He needed to spell everything out and they would get mad at each other. Their relationship didn't last, even though she admired his Te.
    So, just a thought, but maybe you could try doing something Te heavy and she if she's receptive or not? And since I'm living vicariously through you, let us know how it turns out.
    I will keep posting here until this relationship either takes off or crashes. She seems to be in no hurry to move it along.

In the meanwhile, I have my life to live, and the search for someone to share it goes on.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-03-2020 at 08:31 PM.