Thread: ESI/LIE Conversations

Hybrid View

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ESI whom I like but consider to be a bit selfish: " Do you think I am selfish?"

Me: "well if you are selfish and I tell you that you are, you wouldn't take my word as fact and will hate me for thinking you are and if I say no you aren't it would boost your ego.
    If you aren't selfish and I tell you that you are, not only is that unfair but also shows my inability to make judgements and would also make you dislike me as a result of which will not take me seriously. If I tell you no you are not and you really are not, since you are asking this question now, you will think I'm lying. So I don't really know how to answer that question."

ESI: "So you think that I'm selfish!"

Me: "How do you define selfishness?"

ESI: "You think too much"

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    An ESI whom I like but consider to be a bit selfish: " Do you think I am selfish?"

Me: "well if you are selfish and I tell you that you are, you wouldn't take my word as fact and will hate me for thinking you are and if I say no you aren't it would boost your ego.
    If you aren't selfish and I tell you that you are, not only is that unfair but also shows my inability to make judgements and would also make you dislike me as a result of which will not take me seriously. If I tell you no you are not and you really are not, since you are asking this question now, you will think I'm lying. So I don't really know how to answer that question."

Slightly offending (just slightly, mind you) ESIs who are already friends with you makes them like you more, usually.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Slightly offending (just slightly, mind you) ESIs who are already friends with you makes them like you more, usually.
    Yes FDG, it was supposed to be exactly slightly offensive. This was in the middle of an argument and I find them slightly selfish.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're talking about an idea or a new theory/finding an ESI is almost always suspicious of it being as true as you think it is. Specially the Se subtype. Therefore their immediate reply almost always starts with: But, maybe but, what about and such. If not these words, they will in one way or another ask you for additional information with the purpose of finding something to prove that what you're saying is not as true as you think it is. Anyway, this being said, when the ESI is listening attentively without questioning, interrupting or deviating the topic it means that what you're saying is making absolute sense.

When I catch an ESI suddenly listening attentively after so much refusal and denial, it is a big moment of victory.
    This moment happens in the middle of the conversation and is rare. One can catch it while conversing. Before the ESI realizes that they have brought their guard down and are being attentive and hold their guards up again, one can see Fi clearly.

Reading all of that was painful, lol. I'm just sitting here like...why go through all these hypothetical possible outcomes (which may not even be accurate) when it's so simple? Just muster up the guts to give your honest opinion and be done with it. Lol

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Fire View Post
    Reading all of that was painful, lol. I'm just sitting here like...why go through all these hypothetical possible outcomes (which may not even be accurate) when it's so simple? Just muster up the guts to give your honest opinion and be done with it. Lol
    Haha, true. Well, that was a long time ago, in the end I did tell them what I really thought and broke off relations. It was painful but must have been done.

Haha, true. Well, that was a long time ago, in the end I did tell them what I really thought and broke off relations. It was painful but must have been done.
    I see. That's unfortunate then, sorry that happened. Tbh though if you can't be open around someone it doesn't sound like a great match in the first place so it sounds like you are probably better off.