Thread: ESI/LIE Conversations

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I had a date set up with an ESI e9 from Match and because she's a fucking ESI, she cancelled a few hours before the date "because she's sick".

I've known and/or gone out with the following ESIs:

1. SW-e4 - Wanted to share an apt, but I think I'm too old for her.
    2. AS-e6 - Likes me but won't date me.
    3. BK-e6 - Instantly agreed to a date, then continuously postponed date after date after date until I just stopped.
    4. MP-e6 - Instantly (first ten minutes of meeting) suggested going out, then postponed date after date after date until I just stopped.
    5. BD-e6 - Agreed to go out on a date after texting for six months, then postponed date after date after date until I just stopped.
    6. EM-e9 - Suggested a date after one day of texting and then cancelled a few hours before the date.

If you ask me, which you didn't, but if you are an LIE reading this you should ask my opinion, I'd say that ESIs have serious attachment issues and are scared of every fucking thing that their imaginations can dream up. I used to think that this was an e6 thing, or an age-related thing in the sense that I'm only dating older women who are still available and hence have Attachment issues, but no. Half the women I've dated have been under 35 and they did the same thing. And the latest is an e9 and she postponed. FML. Fuck my Duals.

OK, I posted this in the ESI-LIE conversation thread, so here's a conversation between an LIE e8 and an ESI e9 from Match.

ESI-LIE Conversation:

ESI-e9: "Hello!"

LIE-e8: "Are you real? I've been on this site for five years and I haven't seen a smart, attractive woman who lives in Ann Arbor yet."

ESI-e9: "Thanks for the complement. Yes, I'm real."

LIE-e8: "I'm glad you're real. What are you looking for on Match?"

ESI-e9: "It's OK to question, especially in this day and time! Looking for the One!"

LIE-e8: "Oh. "The One." That's a tall order. I did an analysis and I think there might be nine suitable women in the greater AA metro area. Haven't found one yet."

Nineteen days later, a Message:

ESI-e9: "Hi, Adam. I apologize for my delayed response to you. Please let me know if you'd like to get to know each other further. "

LIE-e8: "Yes, I'd like to meet you. No need to apologize. How about coffee or lunch? You name the place."

ESI-e9: "Oh, thank you, Adam! I don eat lunch, but how about (place) at Tuesday around 5:00?
    Oh, goodness, I am sorry for the typo! I meant to type 'I do not eat...' "

LIE-e8, now ignoring the constant thanking me and apologizing, because this usually spells trouble but let's give her the benefit of the doubt: "Tuesday at (place) at 5 PM is good. See you then."

ESI-e9: "OK, great. Thank you, Adam. See you then. If something changes, please let me know."

LIE-e8, thinking that mentioning "change" already is either a sign of responsibility or an indication of future flakiness: "Will do."

Two days later, a Message:

ESI-e9: "Good morning, Adam. I'm sick and I'm staying home and working from home today. I am so sorry I will have to cancel our meeting for today. Maybe we can meet another time."

LIE-e8, thinking that she's a flake but still not being rude about it because I have poor boundaries: "OK, let me know when you are feeling better."

But basically, I think I'm done. She may think she's real, but she's not.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-28-2021 at 04:36 PM.