Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ESI/LIE Conversations

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    They say you can't hide things from an Identical. Lol.
    sits next to you in solidarity

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lettuce pretend this counts:

ESI-Se: give me the burger

ILI-Ni: *hands it over*

ESI: *takes a bite opposite of where it had been previously bitten and hands it back*

ILI: *looks at it*
    ILI: Who eats a burger like this?!
    Last edited by persimmonism; 08-30-2020 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Lettuce pretend this counts:

ESI-Se: give me the burger

ILI-Ni: *hands it over*

ESI: *takes a bite opposite of where it had been previously bitten and hands it back*

ILI: *looks at it*
    ILI: Who eats a burger like this?!
    People protecting people from communicable diseases

Nanashi is highly interested in this ESI-Se knowing only that they are ESI-Se and that they did that. sigh. What am I going to do with you, nanashi?

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    People protecting people from communicable diseases

Nanashi is highly interested in this ESI-Se knowing only that they are ESI-Se and that they did that. sigh. What am I going to do with you, nanashi?

ESI and ILI have recently celebrated their 21st anniversary!

oh actually they didn't because ESI is the least romantic person ever

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post

ESI and ILI have recently celebrated their 21st anniversary!

oh actually they didn't because ESI is the least romantic person ever
    Maybe not. My last GF told me that I'm not very romantic, so I bought a book with the title 1001 Ways To Be Romantic.

All the words were in English, but I could not make any sense out of the sentences.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe not. My last GF told me that I'm not very romantic, so I bought a book with the title 1001 Ways To Be Romantic.

All the words were in English, but I could not make any sense out of the sentences.
    my EII mom said I'm not very romantic when I said to me romance would be me being so into a guy I gave up my single life and said 'where do I sign' and went to a justice of the peace straigthaway. I think I'm romantic in a 1930s male actor sorta way.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI gets scolded for wasting money if he tries to buy her roses. views those gestures as superficial/useless because her position is that she already knows he loves her.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I worked on a government project two years ago, and one of the guys in the customer’s company was a 28 yo male ESI-Se e6 engineer. In meetings, he would kind of look to me for support without actually needing any support.

The project’s objective was built, accepted, seriously broken in use (I have no idea how they broke it. It was designed to survive 100 g shocks), and returned for repair. The ESI engineer is now in charge of that repair, and he called me with some questions about how to disassemble it, even though he was one of the team that assembled it in the first place.

I gave him some simple advice that he already knew, because that’s all there is to that particular task. He thanked me and said that really helped.
    I was puzzled because he already had that information. I think it is possible that he just needed a bit of encouragement from a Dual, to be honest.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a date with an ESI (?) who lives an hour away in another town. I gave her directions to the restaurant, the address of the parking lot, my phone number and a time to meet.
    She called me five minutes after we were supposed to meet and said she thought she might be in the wrong parking lot. She was, because I was in the right lot and she wasn't there. She described the parking lot as a brick building, but when I eventually found it, it was an open lot next to a brick building.
    She said she was having trouble with her car. When she parked, it wouldn't turn off. Then she reparked and the steering froze, but the car did turn off that time. I told her to call the dealer and get it checked, and if she needs a ride anywhere, I could take her there. But then she tried starting the car again, and it started normally and turned off normally, so who knows? Maybe she was in a distracted panic mode when she parked. IDK.
    As we were walking towards the restaurant, she said she was glad she knew someone who would help her in this strange city. I said, No problem, I'm just a phone call away and if she has any further problems, I'll come and help her.

I was reminded of this convo when Northstar posted this video (https://youtu.be/N0H48bpJziQ) of a male ESI singing a song. Here are the lyrics.

Lady in Black

Uriah Heep

She came to me one morning
    One lonely Sunday morning
    Her long hair flowing in the mid-winter wind
    I know not how she found me
    For in darkness I was walking
    And destruction lay around me
    From a fight I could not win
    Ah, ah, ah

She asked me name my foe then
    I said the need within some men
    To fight and kill their brothers without thought of men or God
    And I begged her give me horses
    To trample down my enemies
    So eager was my passion to devour this waste of life
    Ah, ah, ah

But she would not think of battle that
    Reduces men to animals
    So easy to begin and yet impossible to end
    For she the mother of all men
    Had counciled me so wisely that
    I feared to walk alone again
    And asked if she would stay
    Ah, ah, ah

Oh, lady, lend your hand, I cried
    Oh, let me rest here at your side
    Have faith and trust in me, she said and filled my heart with life
    There is no strength in numbers
    I've no such misconceptions
    But when you need me be assured I won't be far away
    Ah, ah, ah

Thus having spoke she turned away
    And though I found no words to say
    I stood and watched until I saw her black cloak disappear
    My labor is no easier
    But now I know I'm not alone
    I find new heart each time I think upon that windy day
    And if one day she comes to you
    Drink deeply from her words so wise
    Take courage from her as your prize and say hello for me
    Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Incidentally, she was dressed in heels, stockings, a light blue skirt and a bright, very colorful flower pattern top, and I was dressed all in black, from my black dress shoes to my black wool frock overcoat. Black on black. Lol. Se vs. Ni.

Now, the main thing that concerns me is that she looks an awful lot like an SEI most of the time. But Duals can look like conflictors, right?

...and Conflictors can look like Duals......
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-26-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a date with an ESI (?) who lives an hour away in another town. I gave her directions to the restaurant, the address of the parking lot, my phone number and a time to meet.
    She called me five minutes after we were supposed to meet and said she thought she might be in the wrong parking lot. She was, because I was in the right lot and she wasn't there. She described the parking lot as a brick building, but when I eventually found it, it was an open lot next to a brick building.
    She said she was having trouble with her car. When she parked, it wouldn't turn off. Then she reparked and the steering froze, but the car did turn off that time. I told her to call the dealer and get it checked, and if she needs a ride anywhere, I could take her there. But then she tried starting the car again, and it started normally and turned off normally, so who knows? Maybe she was in a distracted panic mode when she parked. IDK.
    As we were walking towards the restaurant, she said she was glad she knew someone who would help her in this strange city. I said, No problem, I'm just a phone call away and if she has any further problems, I'll come and help her.

I was reminded of this convo when Northstar posted this video (https://youtu.be/N0H48bpJziQ) of a male ESI singing a song. Here are the lyrics.

Lady in Black

Uriah Heep

Ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

Reduces men to animals
    Ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

My labor is no easier
    Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Incidentally, she was dressed in heels, stockings, a light blue skirt and a bright, very colorful flower pattern top, and I was dressed all in black, from my black dress shoes to my black wool frock overcoat. Black on black. Lol. Se vs. Ni.

Now, the main thing that concerns me is that she looks an awful lot like an SEI most of the time. But Duals can look like conflictors, right?

A few men independently over years said I reminded them of a Valkyrie. reminds me of this

One said he felt rescued.

The flip side is you have to manage your being there for people...not be unjust, etc

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lady in Black

Uriah Heep

Ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

Reduces men to animals
    Ah, ah, ah

Ah, ah, ah

My labor is no easier
    Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

you don't need to know right now, Adam. It just feels like you need to know. Nervous is normal. You're going to explore it, and you'll check in with yourself later, but the answer right now is you don't know. You can stop introspecting. It's not our strong suit. And you can be your extroverted self. The thing is reining yourself in from pushing for alliance. Just show up and experience and treat you and her well. You'll either notice you're free to be yourself and are at home and feel positive or you'll feel like you do around nice SEI...

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"it's like ESI always has a disconnect between her expectations and what she ends up doing, but it's fine because then i get more reason to make fun of her"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm beginning to think that the "ESI" I went on a date with didn't just look like an SEI, she might actually be an SEI.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm beginning to think that the "ESI" I went on a date with didn't just look like an SEI, she might actually be an SEI.
    Why?

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be honest, right at the beginning, reading the part about her not being able to park the car (poor functional Te), not knowing enough about the car to use it properly (poor hands on Te), ending up in the wrong place and describing it poorly (poor descriptive Te/Se), and being late, rather than early (doesn't sound Ij), I immediately was reminded of SEIs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I'm going to be honest, right at the beginning, reading the part about her not being able to park the car (poor functional Te), not knowing enough about the car to use it properly (poor hands on Te), ending up in the wrong place and describing it poorly (poor descriptive Te/Se), and being late, rather than early (doesn't sound Ij), I immediately was reminded of SEIs.
    Thanks, @Nobody.

Yes, I agree. There are other signs that she is SEI. Her Si is phenomenal. She dresses as well as my SLI ex, which is saying something. I've never met another woman who dresses with the same good taste that my ex did.

Her comments about our lunch date were all about how it tasted and how she felt.

She showed me pictures of her family. Her father looks SLI or ESE (Si for sure) and her son looks LII (Alpha). Her ex-husband looks like an ESE, or less likely, an ILE, the picture wasn't clear. She is complaining that he keeps asking her for money.

She does not seem like an Aggressor, but more like a Caregiver. She works as a Nurse.

I may have done the classic Second-wife thing, and found a woman who is a twin to my ex-wife. FML.

Arguments on the ESI side are that
    1. her ex told her that he had never been satisfied with her in their entire marriage.
    2. She seems to be absorbing my Te conversations without comment. Either it's a case of her being SEI and getting Te like a deer in the headlights, or she's ESI and just encountering Te for the first time in a Dual. I can't tell which one it is. I mean, when I first started hanging out with an LSI Aggressor after my marriage, it was like stepping from a dark cave into the light of Fi-Role.
    3. She looks SEI most of the time, but not strongly like an SEI. When I was talking with her about investing, her face turned entirely to an ESI's.

My theory at this point is that she's an ESI who has been surrounded by Alphas all her life and has made the best of it by adapting. I could be wrong.

At this point, I really don't know. I've been talking with her for five months but we've only met once. I will say that I was pretty comfortable with talking to her in person, while my lunch with an SEI was an experience I don't wish to repeat. I like SEI's a lot for about five minutes, and then things become increasingly strained until I just have to get out of there.

Other potential problems are that she has a nice house on a lake that is an hour's drive away from me, and she lists her political affiliation as Republican. Not good.

I've read that a woman knows within seconds whether she would sleep with a guy or not. When I walked up to her car, she got out and did a slow turn so I could see her from all angles. Would an SEI do that? IDK. Probably that's not a diferentiator between SEI and ESI.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read that a woman knows within seconds whether she would sleep with a guy or not. When I walked up to her car, she got out and did a slow turn so I could see her from all angles. Would an SEI do that? IDK. Probably that's not a diferentiator between SEI and ESI.
    I don't know, but it does sound like Se a little.

It sounds like she wouldn't even know if she was SEI or ESI though. I knew a supervisor relationship between an SEI and an LSE. The LSE would try and get the SEI involved in whatever tasks they were doing and he would get mad at her for not anticipating what needed to be done. He needed to spell everything out and they would get mad at each other. Their relationship didn't last, even though she admired his Te.
    So, just a thought, but maybe you could try doing something Te heavy and she if she's receptive or not? And since I'm living vicariously through you, let us know how it turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I don't know, but it does sound like Se a little.

It sounds like she wouldn't even know if she was SEI or ESI though. I knew a supervisor relationship between an SEI and an LSE. The LSE would try and get the SEI involved in whatever tasks they were doing and he would get mad at her for not anticipating what needed to be done. He needed to spell everything out and they would get mad at each other. Their relationship didn't last, even though she admired his Te.
    So, just a thought, but maybe you could try doing something Te heavy and she if she's receptive or not? And since I'm living vicariously through you, let us know how it turns out.
    I will keep posting here until this relationship either takes off or crashes. She seems to be in no hurry to move it along.

In the meanwhile, I have my life to live, and the search for someone to share it goes on.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-03-2020 at 08:31 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OK, it had to happen eventually. I found @ashlesha's clone on Match. Too bad she lives over an hour away.

Here is what she said in her profile. An ESI being an ESI and subconsciously looking for an LIE:

These dating apps SUCK! I’m looking for good company! Someone who appreciates good music, good food, good wine and even better conversations. I’m attracted to some one who is quick witted, and I can engage with in playful banter. I enjoy learning about people, different cultures and ancient archeology. I enjoy the arts, live music, the theater, museums and architecture. Fine dinning and dive bars. At this stage in my life international travel is an important endeavor, so many places to go and people to meet and so little time. I enjoy being out doors, from the forest, mountains, ocean and the desert.

She even looks like ashlesha. Lol. Plus, she an RN which half the female ESI's are.

But again, she’s over an hour away. Oh, well.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-22-2020 at 07:00 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, it had to happen eventually. I found @ashlesha's clone on Match. Too bad she lives over an hour away.

Here is what she said in her profile. An ESI being an ESI and subconsciously looking for an LIE:

These dating apps SUCK! I’m looking for good company! Someone who appreciates good music, good food, good wine and even better conversations. I’m attracted to some one who is quick witted, and I can engage with in playful banter. I enjoy learning about people, different cultures and ancient archeology. I enjoy the arts, live music, the theater, museums and architecture. Fine dinning and dive bars. At this stage in my life international travel is an important endeavor, so many places to go and people to meet and so little time. I enjoy being out doors, from the forest, mountains, ocean and the desert.

She even looks like ashlesha. Lol. Plus, she an RN which half the female ESI's are.
    An hour, or even two, is not much when you consider how big the world is, both in terms of distance and how few good matches there are.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    An hour, or even two, is not much when you consider how big the world is, both in terms of distance and how few good matches there are.
    Did I mention that she just dyed her hair purple? Which I think is awesome and says that a woman is ready to rock and roll with a new guy, but I’m not sure if that fits in with my lifestyle.

I don’t know. She might be fun. I messaged her. We’ll see if she messages back. She might not. It takes two to tango, and she might not like my profile.

The biggest problem with Duality is that the two people are almost complete opposites with very different areas of interest, and the Duality part isn't at all clear over text.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I mention that she just dyed her hair purple?
    Looks like you didn't.

Which I think is awesome and says that a woman is ready to rock and roll with a new guy, but I’m not sure if that fits in with my lifestyle.

I don’t know. She might be fun. I messaged her. We’ll see if she messages back. She might not. It takes two to tango, and she might not like my profile.

Do you ever listen to podcasts while driving?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like you didn't.

Do you ever listen to podcasts while driving?
    All the time. Do you have some recommendations, or was that just a suggestion for making the time spent driving for an hour not a complete waste of time?

I would love to have a self-driving car that I trusted. Or better yet, a train that goes between cities.

A Google self-driving car just drove into a section of the road that had just been poured with fresh cement a couple blocks from my house. Everyone was standing around, looking at the car up to its doors in wet cement, watching the cement harden. I don't want to have an AI do that to me by mistaking a bridge abutment for a storm cloud on the horizon.

TIM
    ESI. sx/sp 459
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reread the snippet of the original convo... yeah, we don’t know if she was making a larger societal critique about why “it costs more to be a girl” or just accepts that that’s how it is, as her reasoning for women getting >50% after a divorce. I would hope the former, personally, but have no idea. I did read the getting manicures as something she enjoys AND thinks should be less expensive, but yeah, that idea doesn’t really make sense if within it you’re not also comparing to lack of social pressure on men to groom themselves in a similar way.
    Weird.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But again, she’s over an hour away. Oh, well.
    I was thinking EII or EXFp, reading that, so ...maybe I need to expand my idea of how ESI might present on a dating site

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The 44 yo never-been-married ESI whom I went on one date with two years ago and who looks like Peggy Lee and owns a lawn care company called me and asked if I know a good plumber. I gave her the name of a guy that I use and she thanked me and then said she had some other questions.

One of them was whether or not I still saw my ex-wife, and I said that she has been with her new BF since March and I'm glad she found someone. This ESI has insisted on keeping our relationship strictly business, but she remembered the name of my son and my ex. She seems really concerned about whether or not I still see my ex, like that is a huge deal for her for some obscure reason. I repeated that No, I don't see her much anymore at all. The ESI was laughing and kind of teasing on the phone and I thought she sounded horny but I figured that she is Avoidant and I'm not going to try to kick Lucy's football again until she clearly asks for it.

She then asked me if I knew anything about plumbing myself and I said I did. She asked me if I thought I could change a 3/4" valve from round-handle compression style to a lever-handled ball valve, and I said I could and I might even have the valve she needs in my basement, but I'd have to see the valve in question to know for sure, since they come in different styles.

She said, "Can you be absolutely sure that you can change the valve, or not? I don't want to be without hot water for a day."

"No, I can't be absolutely sure, not until I see the valve."

"It's in my basement."

"I'm busy right now, but I could be there in an hour to look at it and then I could tell you either A. I can fix it immediately, or B. I don't have the shutoff valve that will fit and you'll have to wait until Saturday when I can buy the right valve and install it."

"You could be here in an hour?" Now she wasn't sounding so bright and perky.

"Yes."

"How do I know that you'll keep your word?"

"What? It's ten minutes to collect the tools, ten minutes out the door and twenty minutes to your place. I doubt if I'll get lost."

"But you aren't certain that you can fix it. Never mind. I'll just call a plumber tomorrow." Lol.

"OK, fine. Let me know if you need any more help." Like when you're eighty.

See, for example, the first line under the heading "Chapter Four. Overview."

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ng-an-ISFj-ESI
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-23-2020 at 05:56 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[story about ESI and water pipes]
    ... Could she take a picture of the valve so you could see it? Or call a plumber if you got there and it wasn't the right one? I feel like there are a few more options than what was considered and eliminated, lol. Maybe she was flustered and they didn't occur to her.

I'm not an ESI, but when I was single one of my plausibly deniable flirting techniques was to ask for advice or help. I had a very similar interaction to the one you describe with my now-husband a few months before we started dating. My car brakes needed replacing and I made a FB post asking for advice from anyone who cared to answer. Of course, the kind of person who would answer and be actually helpful is the kind of person I wanted to interact with more, and I figured it could be a great opportunity to build up some relational strength/ties. My now-husband answered with not only advice but an offer to help me do it if I could bring my car out to where he lived. It turned out those particular brakes were the more complicated kind, and I ended up determining that it would be more practical and efficient to just take it into my regular mechanic, especially since he lived 45 minutes away and I would have been cold the whole time. I wasn't that motivated. So I never actually utilized the offered help.

Fortunately he still invited me to group things he organized and included me on a few email list kinds of things and appeared at mutual friend gatherings, so I had more opportunities to explore his potential and create connection.

So, anyway, different dynamic than your particular types, but I thought the similarity in situation was kinda interesting.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

... Could she take a picture of the valve so you could see it? Or call a plumber if you got there and it wasn't the right one? I feel like there are a few more options than what was considered and eliminated, lol. Maybe she was flustered and they didn't occur to her.

I'm not an ESI, but when I was single one of my plausibly deniable flirting techniques was to ask for advice or help. I had a very similar interaction to the one you describe with my now-husband a few months before we started dating. My car brakes needed replacing and I made a FB post asking for advice from anyone who cared to answer. Of course, the kind of person who would answer and be actually helpful is the kind of person I wanted to interact with more, and I figured it could be a great opportunity to build up some relational strength/ties. My now-husband answered with not only advice but an offer to help me do it if I could bring my car out to where he lived. It turned out those particular brakes were the more complicated kind, and I ended up determining that it would be more practical and efficient to just take it into my regular mechanic, especially since he lived 45 minutes away and I would have been cold the whole time. I wasn't that motivated. So I never actually utilized the offered help.

Fortunately he still invited me to group things he organized and included me on a few email list kinds of things and appeared at mutual friend gatherings, so I had more opportunities to explore his potential and create connection.

So, anyway, different dynamic than your particular types, but I thought the similarity in situation was kinda interesting.
    Thanks, @Minde.

She probably is flirting, but panicked when I suggested meeting her at her place. She is so Avoidant to close relationships that even if she did want to date, I doubt if I'd be into it. I first met her five years ago and she's been "You stay on your side of the planet" since then. I have a need for a shorter feedback loop.

I first saw my ex-wife at an astronomy club meeting and I resolved to talk to her after the meeting, but she got up and left at the halfway point. I met her again on a field trip that the astronomy club took to Yerkes Observatory, and after that, she asked me if I could come to her apartment to help align her sister's telescope. I said, "Sure."

Total time, less than one month. And my ex was both sx-last and pretty Avoidant, too. I really don't need a woman who is 60X to 100X more avoidant than my ex.

I mostly posted that vignette so that people could see an ESI, albeit an Avoidant one, in action.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 44 yo never-been-married ESI whom I went on one date with two years ago and who looks like Peggy Lee and owns a lawn care company called me and asked if I know a good plumber. I gave her the name of a guy that I use and she thanked me and then said she had some other questions.

One of them was whether or not I still saw my ex-wife, and I said that she has been with her new BF since March and I'm glad she found someone. This ESI has insisted on keeping our relationship strictly business, but she remembered the name of my son and my ex. She seems really concerned about whether or not I still see my ex, like that is a huge deal for her for some obscure reason. I repeated that No, I don't see her much anymore at all. The ESI was laughing and kind of teasing on the phone and I thought she sounded horny but I figured that she is Avoidant and I'm not going to try to kick Lucy's football again until she clearly asks for it.

She then asked me if I knew anything about plumbing myself and I said I did. She asked me if I thought I could change a 3/4" valve from round-handle compression style to a lever-handled ball valve, and I said I could and I might even have the valve she needs in my basement, but I'd have to see the valve in question to know for sure, since they come in different styles.

She said, "Can you be absolutely sure that you can change the valve, or not? I don't want to be without hot water for a day."

"No, I can't be absolutely sure, not until I see the valve."

"It's in my basement."

"I'm busy right now, but I could be there in an hour to look at it and then I could tell you either A. I can fix it immediately, or B. I don't have the shutoff valve that will fit and you'll have to wait until Saturday when I can buy the right valve and install it."

"You could be here in an hour?" Now she wasn't sounding so bright and perky.

"Yes."

"How do I know that you'll keep your word?"

"What? It's ten minutes to collect the tools, ten minutes out the door and twenty minutes to your place. I doubt if I'll get lost."

"But you aren't certain that you can fix it. Never mind. I'll just call a plumber tomorrow." Lol.

"OK, fine. Let me know if you need any more help." Like when you're eighty.

See, for example, the first line under the heading "Chapter Four. Overview."

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ng-an-ISFj-ESI
    hm...I know an EII enneagram 4 that reminds me of this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One time after inviting my LIE friend to a punk show with a young crowd...

LIE: The thing about zoomer culture I have a problem with is its relation to nihilism and postmodernism, the irony isn't even ironic anymore, it's not interesting until it goes around in another loop and starts referencing itself, but that in itself is just an endless feedback loop

ESI (me): I agree with you but I just got kicked in the head, I think I have a concussion so my brain can't even work through what you just said

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’ve been talking for five years to an ESI-Se who owns a lawn care company. We went on one date where she told me that I talk too much and I told her my net worth and she won’t go out with me a second time, although she calls me from time to time for Te/Ni advice or to flirt.

In Gulenko’s DCNH system, she’s a clear D. But so am I. I think she’s looking for a guy that she can dominate.

So yesterday she texted me with some questions and started flirting (she clearly likes ME but doesn’t like our net worth differential) and I complained that my business is in trouble (probably true) and that I paid taxes on $35k last year (which is strictly true. Thank you, tax attorney. There have been years when I paid no taxes before I figured out that that was a bad idea. But with low Ni, she might not see the missing part of that statement) and she suddenly got a lot friendlier when I appeared poorer.

She is definitely looking for a guy she can own.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-26-2020 at 02:26 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’ve been exchanging texts for six months on the dating site Match.com with a recently cheated-on and divorced RN ESI-Si (I know. But she might be an SEI.) . She isn’t very talkative and she doesn’t initiate much, but she recently has been saying nice things about me.

This feels kind of strange to me because I tend to judge people more by what they do rather than what they say. It’s almost as if she wants to be understood and is telling herself that she likes me before she interacts with me in person.
    Weird. I hope she’s not delusional.

*EDIT*
    She really puzzles me. In many pictures, she looks either SEI or grumpy ESI. In a couple pictures where she’s kayaking and having the time of her life, she looks EII. In a picture with her family, her father looks Si and her son looks LII and she looks slightly crazy. I think her ex is an Alpha. But when I met her in person, I felt completely comfortable with her and when I talked about investing, she looked pure ESI.
    I wonder if she grew up in an Alpha home and married an Alpha and has been bent and misunderstood and alienated ever since?

A Gamma raised in an Alpha household would be bad. I grew up in a Delta household and I always felt like a wolf raised by ducks. Why the hell can’t I fly? When am I going to get feathers? Why am I failing their expectations all the time?
    I have Alpha cousins. The feeling of alienation with them was much worse. Every time I visited their house, I felt like I was among space aliens.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-26-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Gamma raised in an Alpha household would be bad. I grew up in a Delta household and I always felt like a wolf raised by ducks. Why the hell can’t I fly? When am I going to get feathers? Why am I failing their expectations all the time?

THIS.

I felt like that all the freaking time with a delta parent.

And I like that I get feedback from people on how I interact because it helps me get back to a more genuine me and to start to grow in ways that I need to versus kind of putting parts of myself in stasis in order to have an easier time in a delta ish place.

Also glad I got the influence from an EII, though. Very useful and increased my skills/health.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE: Money. Facts. Capitalism. Financial security. Office meetings. Efficiency. More boring corporate shit. Help, I can't relate to people, because no one gives a shit about any of the neat things I listed above.
    ESI: I may be a stone cold bitch on the outside, but I really care about you deep down in the bottom of my icy heart. As long as you continue to get $500k a year, that's all I care about. I will love you unconditionally and never let go.
    LIE: Thanks, I was getting worried there for a second that I'd be alone for the rest of my life. Now I know that someone cares about me, even if they really only care about my paycheck. Nice!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    LIE: Money. Facts. Capitalism. Financial security. Office meetings. Efficiency. More boring corporate shit. Help, I can't relate to people, because no one gives a shit about any of the neat things I listed above.
    ESI: I may be a stone cold bitch on the outside, but I really care about you deep down in the bottom of my icy heart. As long as you continue to get $500k a year, that's all I care about. I will love you unconditionally and never let go.
    LIE: Thanks, I was getting worried there for a second that I'd be alone for the rest of my life. Now I know that someone cares about me, even if they really only care about my paycheck. Nice!

Thanks, QT. A classic. Best ESI-LIE conversation on this thread.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, QT. A classic. Best ESI-LIE conversation on this thread.
    Anytime, though I can't take all the credit - I pulled it from the SLE domain on Wikisocion.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't relate to this. I know it's half-hyperbole and all...but ....I actually prefer to be with someone who isn't so focused on money they can't see me and to be with someone who wants to work with or psychologically support me as I work at my enterprise but who is with me for the spark (wants chemistry and love) and for the fun and the adventure, not strictly there for whatever money comes along, and....at least partners of LIE-Ni, can't be only in it for the money because we can be so risk loving and so into a development/project that we forget financial stuff. I have companies I worked with trying to pay me......

And I see the esi carefulness and nervousness regarding Ni and Ne in LSI, too. It's not money-grubbiness and using a LIE for their money...it's more good brakes....like that story one of the socionists shared about a LIE who kept handing out household items to people who needed them (something I do, too), and the ESI spouse finally realized their house staples were going out the door and confronted the reappropriating LIE and explained their life couldn't function well at a certain point of de-stocking. The LIE listened and stopped giving away all the winter coats, etc.

there's a practicality to ESI and LSI and a conserving quality that can keep EIE and LIE balanced. We're great at being opportunistic, and that's great and quite adaptive for SOME scenarios. We help out the less integrated and less (in that way) resourceful XSI types. But they're resourceful in helping us retain and let go of stuff when it makes sense to for Si reasons or whatever.
    Last edited by nanashi; 10-27-2020 at 06:55 AM. Reason: apparently I don't read and need to correct my writing so ppl know wtf I mean :)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This does not bring out victim aggressor romance. Let me try:
    LIE: **Counts his money on a sofa made out of mammoth's fur.**
    ESI: **Steps in.** You better give me that towel from the the ground while I strangle you with it.
    LIE: **Has the biggest smile on his face.** Yes, Ma'am!
    ESI: Think about all the wrongdoings you have committed against humanity while I strangle you.
    LIE: **Thinks: I'm the happiest man on the planet and says:** My ILI neighbor just got his new gimp suit. **tries to get oxygen**
    ESI: Excellent. You can watch us. He has spent a lot of time at the gym lately.
    LIE: **Can barely breath but still has enough oxygen to be used in groin area.**
    ESI: About that money. Do you think we can afford a torture camber?
    LIE: **Dies out of euphoria with the biggest grin on his face.**

Luckily LIE owned a margarine factory and his wife able to use 95 % of his husband to a margarine that was given to a charity. And life continued upbeat happily ever after.
    You see folks we have a reason why LIE-ESI duality is the most rewarding while also being the shortest.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't relate to it either. I find it depressing, if taken literally, the idea that someone could be into me for money I make and not for me.

Those descriptions are meant to be funny, not sure why you would base your ideal relationship on them though.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I don't relate to it either. I find it depressing, if taken literally, the idea that someone could be into me for money I make and not for me.

Those descriptions are meant to be funny, not sure why you would base your ideal relationship on them though.
    @Uncle Ave, those descriptions are meant to be funny, but they contain a kernel of truth. I am repulsed by gold diggers and when a woman starts asking me for money, I'm willing to help out to a certain extent but not if she expects it. I'm actually horrified by transactional relationships if they are with people whom I really want Fi from.

I just got off the phone with an ESI who said she'd go out with me if I bribe her.

I said, "Now, what would you like as a bribe? I know you like money and beer and loyalty."

"That's right. How did you know that?"

"I have some wine in the basement, but I don't want our first meeting to be one where you are drunk. How about lunch somewhere? I know you probably like dive bars." (My ESI buddy likes dive bars.)

(Sounds slightly disappointed and offended) "I like dive bars because I can meet very interesting people there."

"OK, not a dive bar. How about Cafe Zola on Saturday?"

"Mmmmm.....Cafe Zola. They have the best cheeseburgers." (Adam thinks this is going to be a cheap date.) "But not Saturday. I'm working that day."

Adam is starting to get pissed off at her analysis paralysis.

"Sunday"

"No."

"Monday"

"No."

"Tuesday."

"No."

"Stop this. I'm calling you on Tuesday and that's when we're going out."

"No. I won't answer the phone."

"I'm calling you. I'm marking it on the calendar."

"Don't mark it on the calendar. I will be tired that day."

"Then a nice lunch will be exactly what you need."

"Don't call me. I'm going to be busy."

"I'm calling you. Goodby." (Adam hangs up.)

Adam gets a text from her. "Thank you."
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-29-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast