Thread: I'm not typing myself anymore.

Hybrid View

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you are approaching socionics from the wrong angle. I'll explain to you from the point of view from which I see it fundamentally, and also how I conceive/apply it to myself and others, that perhaps is also the wrong angle, but there is little less I can do.

Socionics cannot be a personality typology, simply because it would be ineffective compared to other frameworks in describing personality. Socionics cannot objectively describe by itself the core personality traits of a human being, although it can explain certain personal inclinations, that are in some cases almost irrelevant in the proper personality of someone. There are not 16 personalities, the human being is made up of quite a few variants, and many of them (among these, the personality itself) are already correctly understood by other psychological hypotheses to a degree higher than that which we could achieve using socionics in a behavioral way (or far worse, typing through stereotypes or wrongly associated characteristics).

Try to use socionics as a categorization of the ways of processing information within an individual into a single, narrowed down information element, and after that as a framework in which you choose, observing the mental processes (information elements) that an individual uses to process, generate, and in general work with the information he receives (and not the personality itself of that individual), then, decide in which cognitive function you can place these processes within Model A to recreate the general picture of his sociotype. Forget about romantic styles, subtypes, temperaments, and so on, and stick with the base, the information elements, and Model A, and build from there. I hope it works for you. Furthermore, sociotype itself is unrelated to "souls" "angels" or whatever natural religion you are into, it is about describing, interpreting and categorizing factual mental processes that can be observable in human beings.
    Last edited by RBRS; 01-25-2021 at 01:02 PM.