Quote Originally Posted by Tearsofaclown View Post
One thing I will say: the reason that physics, chemistry, etc. the harder sciences, are more successful and precise is because they deal with the dumbest, simplest parts of the universe. The lowest hanging fruit. Chemistry is more complex than physics. Biology more complex than chemistry. Psychology/sociology more complex than biology.
I don't necessarily think that one is more complex than the other. But I think that physics and chemistry were mostly dealing with unobservable things, so they had to come up with abstract laws, rules and regularities of the universe. Which means that they had to rely on their creativity and imagination more to come up with abstract ideas. Things that you can't merely observe.

While observable things like people are well... observable. So they thought that they could just rely on things like statistics and simply note their observations, without bothering to come up with any abstract theories dealing with abstract ideas. Well they were wrong.

Saying that you can't speculate because it's not "real" is like saying you can't figure out how the iPhone works, you can only observe.