Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    You are failing to realize the fundamental connection between the two. Philosophy is the "Proto-Science", it was/is the soup of amino acid precursors and the like that eventually gave rise to said acids and then life itself. "Natural Philosophy" is what they called it before it became "Science" as we know it today. It preceded it, it came/flowed from it. Science, Philosophy, Theology, they are all inexorably tied together. Only in modern times, where it has become "accepted knowledge" that those are all separate things that all oppose one another has it all began to really and truly go to shit (e.g. The "reproducibility crisis", look it up).

Those things all aspire to a single thing in the end, and that thing is "the truth" no matter what it may be. If only that was the thing we all sought at the end of the day in earnest...
    While half of me doesn't want to dignify this with a real reply, you know I first learned socionics because of its connection to phenomenology and gestalt psychology to begin with rather than for relationship issues like most people seem to have, right? I have Kant, Schelling, and Husserl books and have to explain to people what this has to do with science. Now, you read a book next please!

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    While half of me doesn't want to dignify this with a real reply, you know I first learned socionics because of its connection to phenomenology and gestalt psychology to begin with rather than for relationship issues like most people seem to have, right? I have Kant, Schelling, and Husserl books and have to explain to people what this has to do with science. Now, you read a book next please!
    I learned this stuff on a lark because it was related to the work of C.G. Jung and seemed interesting in itself. Also, the "German Idealists" (Kant, Schelling, etc.) were a bunch of hacks whose psuedo-intellectual BS can be at least partially blamed for a lot of our modern problems in philosophy and science. How about this one, you tell me the title of a book you want me to read. I will read it in exchange for you reading the "Summa Theologica" by Thomas Aquinas. Methinks you need to try and take that man on. After all, it seems you think that the things you're reading/have read will blow my mind. Let us test that theory .

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned this stuff on a lark because it was related to the work of C.G. Jung and seemed interesting in itself. Also, the "German Idealists" (Kant, Schelling, etc.) were a bunch of hacks whose psuedo-intellectual BS can be at least partially blamed for a lot of our modern problems in philosophy and science. How about this one, you tell me the title of a book you want me to read. I will read it in exchange for you reading the "Summa Theologica" by Thomas Aquinas. Methinks you need to try and take that man on. After all, it seems you think that the things you're reading/have read will blow my mind. Let us test that theory .

I think maybe instead of being an internet Marxist and blaming everyone for being oppressed, you should study and be the Catholic scientist of your dreams. I've created things while you've only sat back and criticized other people. Criticizing people is the easy thing.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the "German Idealists" (Kant, Schelling, etc.) were a bunch of hacks whose psuedo-intellectual BS can be at least partially blamed for a lot of our modern problems in philosophy and science.
    Did you know 100% of people who get in car accidents were driving or riding in cars? I think we need to go back to walking since our modern collisions can be blamed on them.

Just goes to show how avant-garde these philosophies still are. They're Achilles's heel for Marxists too. Of course Marx was a guy who wanted to be a bad parody of Goethe because he was lazy so it makes sense the theory of opposites that we now use in quantum physics would be a problem for him.