Thread: Philosophy of Science

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who seriously identifies him/herself as a "T type" is an insane idiot, because there's no way to be magically logical and objective for the sheer merit of being born a "T type".

Things are determined to be logical and objective from rational arguments, not by the merit of who said what.

The irony is that T types "feel" logical and objective, which is a feeling which is different from what's actually true or logical.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Anyone who seriously identifies him/herself as a "T type" is an insane idiot, because there's no way to be magically logical and objective for the sheer merit of being born a "T type".

Things are determined to be logical and objective from rational arguments, not by the merit of who said what.

The irony is that T types "feel" logical and objective, which is a feeling which is different from what's actually true or logical.
    Ur right theres no T or F dichotomy every person is the same person with the same personality with the same strengths and weaknesses with no differences in between. Bruh get ur Ne polr checked <- inb4 ur just gonna reply to the Ne polr thing cuz u got no retort

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Ur right theres no T or F dichotomy every person is the same person with the same personality with the same strengths and weaknesses with no differences in between. Bruh get ur Ne polr checked <- inb4 ur just gonna reply to the Ne polr thing cuz u got no retort
    People have different personalities, therefore Jungian type theory. Sound logic.

I like Jungian type theories, but this is still the equivalent to a fallacy jumping up on stage and flashing the audience in terms of subtlety.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the philosophy of pseudo-science? Are there many kinds as well?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoodoo View Post
    What's the philosophy of pseudo-science? Are there many kinds as well?
    Yes. Read a philosophical book or paper by a famous pseudoscientist such as Noam Chomsky, Rupert Sheldrake, Nazi racial theorists, etc. Astrology, alchemy, and phrenology at least were not pseudoscience before anyone tested them so I wouldn't bother with those unless you're looking for modern people considering them science. HIV/AIDS denialism I also wouldn't bother with since the tests are legit not accessible to even well-informed laypeople and sometimes even I think maybe AIDS causes HIV rather than vice versa (still not going to be careless around AIDS though.)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    People have different personalities, therefore Jungian type theory. Sound logic.

I like Jungian type theories, but this is still the equivalent to a fallacy jumping up on stage and flashing the audience in terms of subtlety.
    Yeah well in the end its not proven so its just a theory that u believe or not. But. U ser T and F dichotomy in other areas not just in jungian typology. Like they say most women dont make sense, are emotional etc etc thats them pointing at F type, whereas for men they recide in T. Its not just in jungian typology and im not saying it that way. I just believe it becausr it coincides with reality in general for me.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah well in the end its not proven so its just a theory that u believe or not. But. U ser T and F dichotomy in other areas not just in jungian typology. Like they say most women dont make sense, are emotional etc etc thats them pointing at F type, whereas for men they recide in T. Its not just in jungian typology and im not saying it that way. I just believe it becausr it coincides with reality in general for me.
    ...That's still Jung's type theory, since Jung is the one who made the T and F types. I think Jung's type theory makes sense but you're still begging the question.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    ...That's still Jung's type theory, since Jung is the one who made the T and F types. I think Jung's type theory makes sense but you're still begging the question.
    Its an essential part of the theory expressed by sources outside the theory....

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its an essential part of the theory expressed by sources outside the theory....
    That's what a theory is. Gravity is a theory even if things falling seems like common sense.