Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
Dreams echo the conscious thoughts and feelings and events throughout the day.

A dream that contains a repeating theme is a step above normal dreams, because it contains a subconscious mind worm displaying itself night after night.

Dreams might true, not true, and true and not true at the same time.

So what you can admit to at this point is this: some part of your mind repeats this romantic feelings for said person. Anytime there is a repeating pattern in your mind's eye, awake, or asleep, shows you there is some level of personal obsession. The things about obsessions is that they never go away, unless you follow them, like following an animal trail through the woods. You let the obsession let go of you by following it to some end. If you fight it, it will only remain. That which you resist, persists.

What this looks like for you, I don't know. You might not even know. All I can say is that this dream is asking you for a real world reflected conclusion. Maybe your story with SLI is not over yet. At least, that is what some part of your mind is telling you. Instead of arguing with your mind. Instead of rationalizing and denying what it brings into your awareness when you sleep. Instead of trying to make terms with your mind, why not just allow it to guide you closer to the image of what is true for your own life.

Right or wrong, who cares, open up the next chapter with him and let the chips fall where they will. Its less about him and more about you and your own inner journey. Maybe you guys are done, maybe you will be rejected. At least your mind can find rest and give you another dream.
Wow. I wish I could express how thought-triggering and wise this. Thank you.

I have considered all these things and my problem is: Maybe this is a manifestation of my type's vice (envy) coupled with my core fear? It's a form of fantasy as to what was and what could be and a reaction to rejection?