Thread: Hi

TIM
    N-EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi

My name's DJ. I'm 21 and I've been learning about typology for about four years now. I'm well acquainted with most systems including socionics.

EII-Fi, Harmonic - INFJ - 4w5, Researcher (415) - sp/sx

Writer, filmmaker, student, interested in psych.

https://vimeo.com/djmccoy

Feel free to ask me any questions. I've been lurking over the forums on here for a while so I figured I would make an account.

Regards!
    Last edited by toska; 09-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

if you'll notice IR theory is not correct for you, - you may get opinions about your type as it mb other
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    N-EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard of IR theory before but I do fit well for VI. What exactly did you observe for this to be presumed? I'm not comfortable enough to put myself in a video but I would love to read more about the theory and see your thoughts.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    I haven't heard of IR theory before but I do fit well for VI.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...type_relations

> What exactly did you observe for this to be presumed?

many mistakes

TIM
    N-EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, my bad. I'm not familiar with using that acronym for it but I've learned of intertype relations before. If you could be more specific though, how is IR theory not correct for me? Appreciate your thoughts. I'll read over the link you referenced as well.

TIM
    N-EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may or may not help but here's some stuff that I feel reflect who I am.

Mr. Nobody's quantum physics

The Glass Castle (2017) - A Lot to Regret in My Life

U2 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

Knight of Cups - Judgment

When I left for college a few years ago I made some entries on a blog as well, here's a couple of which I still feel:

To change. Suppose it’s a part of making things possible or some kind of irony. Is it the worry of leaving behind a life well-suited? Fearing that loss is permanent? Or adjusting to a new stage in life? Sometimes I feel like it’s nice just to travel without any concern. Then, I’d suppose I wouldn’t see change at all. Maybe I could stay stagnant… just for a while. Watch a movie, read a nice book, or listen to some melancholy song that I could relate to. Bring myself some sense of clarity or some sense of bliss. Till that line, “just for a while” is repeated out and spent. Too many nights I end up thinking, “Why couldn’t it be the same?” or “What could I have done differently?”. I fall into this pessimistic pit of fallen aspiration and longing. That bliss and clarity can become so miserable and obscure. It changes, just like everything else. Even the inactive constants are temporary. The coffee stain on my sheets could simply be cleaned out with bleach. The tear in my shirt could be resown and fixed. The misused are useless without their initial user.
    Some may take meaning in the meaningless because meaning is figurative. I care about a past that doesn’t exist anymore. I care because I tell myself I need to care. Because, who would I be if I didn’t care? Because, maybe someone else cares too. Because that matters. It never comes down to any specific reason. Maybe nothing matters so we must prefer the alternative. Because there is reason. Because there is some truth we must seek. Some possible outcome we have to inundate within ourselves to be happy.
    My hometown taught me to value having a home with family and friendships. Leaving has put me in the transition of letting go. It’s made this new city and apartment feel cold and empty. Never worn in full. These doors hold no memories and this bedroom isn’t my own. I think about change and how it’s affected my point-of-view. Walking around without believing anything to have purpose would be quite meaningless. That’s probably why it’s so easy to play pretentious games with yourself. To pretend life is simple.
    The pursuit of happiness is a vicious cycle. You may get lost seeking out external desires when all it really takes is a shift in mentality. Everything is subjective. We can create meaning in anything, constantly shifting tides. One moral breakthrough. One traumatic event. Anything could change everything at any moment. That’s why you live. To experience, to love, to learn, to suffer, to try and fail, to try again, to do everything and nothing until you die.
    On written test, I'm either IEI-Ni or EII-Fi but I don't give much to it.

I write mainly about romance and existentialism with a psychological bent. Interest in using symbolism and metaphors to express things more objectively. Focused on bringing people back to the individual and their own personal responsibilities rather than that of society or their expectations on others. I'm mostly quiet but when approached I know how to handle conversation. I'm sensitive but not moody. Tend to moments of uncertainty when given too many options but when I do make up my mind, I follow what I want with passion and a strong sense of knowing. When I was younger I was treated like a prodigy filmmaker but I've grown to find that label pretentious and arrogant. I feel it's also instilled in me this feeling like I'm not living up to my full potential. Most of my time I spend listening to music or researching different topics. When I write or create anything, it takes years to come to fruition and sometimes it'll never even see the light. I'm sure you can assume but I'm very reserved. I tend to regret saying certain things or not saying certain things but my energy is mostly focused in the present. I'm a contented person for the most part, at least I preach to be.

Also, thought I would add that my two closest friends are LSE and SLE. In conversation, I've never argued with either of them despite occasional irritation(from mainly SLE). Regardless, I do tend to sympathize more with LSE. This isn't to dispute IR theory but I do think DCNH plays a factor, at least from what I've read.
    Last edited by toska; 09-22-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    how is IR theory not correct for me?
    I meant that to be sure in your type is very useful to check it by IR theory. To type other people near and emotionally meaningful ones in the life - how your impressions from them fit to IR theory. If there is no good fit than the chance of the mistake is significant from general situation.
    To explain the situation. The real typing matches between seems any 2 typers are <50%. There are objectively many mistakes.

By IR you check a lot of factors and if they fit good to the theory - the good chance types are correct, including your own. Also you'd developed and checked your own skills in this typing process.
    It's how I did with own type. I've gathered opinions of different typers, then read some books, and used different methods to understand types of people in my life. I've got a type which fits better than all other types, fits good to theory and what I see practically. It took ~1 year of studing and typing. I think it's best way for beginners.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coolest EII I know
    ᶠᵃᵗᵉ

TIM
    N-EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I meant that to be sure in your type is very useful to check it by IR theory. To type other people near and emotionally meaningful ones in the life - how your impressions from them fit to IR theory. If there is no good fit than the chance of the mistake is significant from general situation.
    To explain the situation. The real typing matches between seems any 2 typers are <50%. There are objectively many mistakes.

By IR you check a lot of factors and if they fit good to the theory - the good chance types are correct, including your own. Also you'd developed and checked your own skills in this typing process.
    It's how I did with own type. I've gathered opinions of different typers, then read some books, and used different methods to understand types of people in my life. I've got a type which fits better than all other types, fits good to theory and what I see practically. It took ~1 year of studing and typing. I think it's best way for beginners.
    A lot of factors can change the outcome of these relations but I agree overall. I've found myself most drawn to SEI, IEI, and IEE. Also, find SLI quite attractive. I've drawn SLE, ESE, SEI, IEI, IEE, EIE, SLI, LIE, LSE. I've been most pulled in and put off by ESI. Hot and cold relations with SEE but it never feels natural to speak with them. Every ILI I've met has contributed a lot to my way of thinking. No experience with LSI's which I recall. Indifferent towards LII.