Thread: Vegan Resources

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @squark chomp chomp chomp’s dead cow legs?

I gotta say, most LSI’s have better table manners than that.
    What can I say, just a cavewoman I guess.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @coeruleum is right about McD’s being bad for you. If you’re gonna live a long time, you might have to give it up.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @coeruleum is right about McD’s being bad for you. If you’re gonna live a long time, you might have to give it up.
    I'm not assuming squark loves McDonald's so much as venting about it being the main hobby of idiots. Whenever my parents went on vacation, it was McDonald's every day for a week or so with maybe some Wendy's or Arby's. My mom planned a vacation to see trees in California, saw a grand total of two kinds of trees (redwoods and sequoyas,) did no botany for the whole two weeks, ordered fast food all the time, and left. She planned a trip to Washington, D.C., decided it was too full of dead people and politics, and spent the rest of the time chewing up some chicken in New Jersey while yelling at me, then left. Needless to say, my mom died alone at 55 of spending her life putting down some pork and seething about how evil my love of intellect and art was for not putting food on other people's tables. My grandpa lived for two years after she did and he was in his late 80s.

Philistines return to Dagon. Now I ignore them well.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    lol I have told this story before but it is worth repeating. My EII sister goes through phases where she gets a guilty conscience and wants to improve the environment and the health of everyone. When she goes vegetarian or full vegan I try to stay away since she can't just do it for herself. She has to judge everyone else's choices too. She is a bit more balanced in her perspective these days, ftr and does eat a bit of meat and uses bone broth due to some article. When she was here she made us all have bone broth. hah

Anyway years ago during a vegan phase she was trying to scare or guilt the family into giving up meat. Sending us images of geese being force fed, telling us to check labels and ethical practices of companies, etc... It was part of her arsenal. An EII with a mission is like a force to be reckoned with so this thread does not really elicit much feeling in me since I am somewhat numb to it.

So she says to a two year "how would you like it if a cow ate you?" and he looked at her with these innocent eyes and responded "but I like eating cows!". It made everyone laugh since it was cute and the guilt didn't work on him. This is not one of her finer moments. I couldn't believe she tried to guilt a two year old that way. That just shows how guilt stricken and neurotic she had become over the whole thing. I believe she learned a lesson that day. Not long after she went back to having fish and some meat. She is still into healthy eating and all that since we were raised on the Mediterranean diet by default since it is part of our heritage really. This story comes to mind every time I see something about veganism. There is a moral in it somewhere but I think it would be different for each person who hears it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    lol I have told this story before but it is worth repeating. My EII sister goes through phases where she gets a guilty conscience and wants to improve the environment and the health of everyone. When she goes vegetarian or full vegan I try to stay away since she can't just do it for herself. She has to judge everyone else's choices too. She is a bit more balanced in her perspective these days, ftr and does eat a bit of meat and uses bone broth due to some article. When she was here she made us all have bone broth. hah

Anyway years ago during a vegan phase she was trying to scare or guilt the family into giving up meat. Sending us images of geese being force fed, telling us to check labels and ethical practices of companies, etc... It was part of her arsenal. An EII with a mission is like a force to be reckoned with so this thread does not really elicit much feeling in me since I am somewhat numb to it.

So she says to a two year "how would you like it if a cow ate you?" and he looked at her with these innocent eyes and responded "but I like eating cows!". It made everyone laugh since it was cute and the guilt didn't work on him. This is not one of her finer moments. I couldn't believe she tried to guilt a two year old that way. That just shows how guilt stricken and neurotic she had become over the whole thing. I believe she learned a lesson that day. Not long after she went back to having fish and some meat. She is still into healthy eating and all that since we were raised on the Mediterranean diet by default since it is part of our heritage really. This story comes to mind every time I see something about veganism. There is a moral in it somewhere but I think it would be different for each person who hears it.
    If she can't avoid eating meat without forcing other people to she sucks. In my family one of my cousins went vegan at about the same time as me and another was already vegetarian. Most of my family is in Oklahoma with all the "Eat Beef" plates everywhere. Maybe when you live around Nature you can know more about food without obsessing about it. Your sister just sounds obsessed with food. Ick. I would rather obsess over books. I tried to get Barnes and Noble to make their Leatherbound Classics vegan since most people seem to think bonded leather is low-grade synthetic leather anyways based on online reviews of the books (it's not, it's low-grade cow leather. They should use high-grade synthetic.) They haven't done it yet. I will try again with more people asking them. I also want the Apocrypha and the rest of the Doré illustrations in the KJV.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    If she can't avoid eating meat without forcing other people to she sucks. In my family one of my cousins went vegan at about the same time as me and another was already vegetarian. Most of my family is in Oklahoma with all the "Eat Beef" plates everywhere. Maybe when you live around Nature you can know more about food without obsessing about it. Your sister just sounds obsessed with food. Ick. I would rather obsess over books. I tried to get Barnes and Noble to make their Leatherbound Classics vegan since most people seem to think bonded leather is low-grade synthetic leather anyways based on online reviews of the books (it's not, it's low-grade cow leather. They should use high-grade synthetic.) They haven't done it yet. I will try again with more people asking them. I also want the Apocrypha and the rest of the Doré illustrations in the KJV.
    Aren't you worried about the trees?! Use a tablet or kindle to read your books and save some trees. :

My sister is an artist obsessed with her art (she spends hours painting out in nature) and has a physical library that almost rivals mine. She is obsessed with health a bit but I don't hold it against her since her first husband died of cancer. It fucked her up.

We have never been huge meat eaters and she weighs all of 90 lbs so not really a foodie either. You are assuming we have never lived around nature which is off the mark. You seem to be going through something right now. Hope you are alright but if you want to insult someone's family stick to your own. You made too many assumptions about her that are so off I can't even unpack it right now. I just told the story since it is amusing but it does not define the whole of who she is.

Your posts in this thread are the equivalent of what she did, judging and trying to guilt others to do what you want.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW