View Poll Results: What is my type (especially if you've seen my videos)?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTj-LSE

0 0%
  • ENTj-LIE

0 0%
  • ESFj-ESE

0 0%
  • ENFj-EIE

0 0%
  • ESTp-SLE

0 0%
  • ESFp-SEE

0 0%
  • ENTp-ILE

0 0%
  • ENFp-IEE

2 33.33%
  • ISTp-SLI

0 0%
  • INTp-ILI

0 0%
  • ISFp-SEI

0 0%
  • INFp-IEI

1 16.67%
  • ISTj-LSI

0 0%
  • ISFj-ESI

0 0%
  • INTj-LII

0 0%
  • INFj-EII

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Am I EII or IEI ahhhhhhhhh

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is hand gesturing Ne?

Also I mentioned this elsewhere, but I’m confused on my Si and maybe I am misunderstanding it. In the one sense, I feel pretty aware of my body, like when something is wrong and often what is wrong. I also have a pretty good memory. Not necessarily with something like, where I put my keys, but with more important, long-term and the like stuff...or cramming before a test (I am extremely procrastinating and I tend to do well in this mode). On the other hand, I hate spending time “pampering” myself. I see my sister take her time tending to her appearance and physical self-care and to me it’s such a tedious chore. I make myself look decent often (sometimes I’m walking out the door in pj’s and messy af hair though) with some individualistic flairs, but I do it quickly and probably somewhat sloppily lol. I’m not sure if this is connected to Si or what.

I take care of the essentials so I’m not gross, but yeah I am not the type to spend a lot of time in the mirror perfecting myself.

I am open to other interpretations! Socionics has been the hardest typing system to figure out wtf I am. Mbti and enneagram were pretty obvious and consistent pretty fast. Although I can’t say IEI fits like a glove, the more and more I’ve read it seems to fit better than any other type. Though maybe there is a type I am missing, and maybe this is a highly flawed system just like the rest ;p The psychological and personality realm are pretty murky still, much to still be understood and discovered. It’s all in its infancy really

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post

Also I mentioned this elsewhere, but I’m confused on my Si and maybe I am misunderstanding it. In the one sense, I feel pretty aware of my body, like when something is wrong and often what is wrong. I also have a pretty good memory.
    Si has nothing to do with memory. I don't know where that strange claim(?) comes from. Si is inner impressions from the body, inner state, health, from the environment etc.

I take care of the essentials so I’m not gross, but yeah I am not the type to spend a lot of time in the mirror perfecting myself.
    Perfecting yourself and stuff can be Si creative (in ESE and LSE) or Si demonstrative or something else. When Si is a base function it takes up whole of consciousness and often inhibits the individual by foggy irrational random impressions.

I am open to other interpretations! Socionics has been the hardest typing system to figure out wtf I am.
    Most important thing is to collect enough experience from relationships and working with people until you figure out the relationships. That's really the only way. Then this becomes clearer. It can go fast or it can take many years.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t the dude who came up with Socionics marry his dual? Makes me extremely skeptical on that too. Not to mention all the sexist undertones in the old descriptions. When people refer to the old descriptions I’m kind of like, ehhhhh

as far as quadras, when I first read them I felt like I connected most with alpha (which I understand is indeed childlike), least with gamma. However now I think alpha is probably too... uncaring? I am quite different in different realms which is probably part of the confusion also. Which I hear is common for IEI... I am high on Fi and Ne in MBTi, but they seem different in socionics, Fe may be more appropriate

I almost want to change this to “what is my type” to open the door to more possibilities. I’m also recovering from a lot, which has made me act quite different from my usual self at times which probably doesn’t help, and I have issues with obsessing and anxiety :/ that’s part of the long-winded posts lol Not sure how that plays in socionics, if at all. I know mental health issues can mask types in mbti for example.

Last thought, I come off pretty extroverted online and with people I like, but am otherwise pretty introverted I think, though I care about people at large and am not one for favoritism. I’m selective of who I spend my own personal time with, but in a group I want everyone to be treated with care and respect, unless they have proven to be extremely harmful (sexism, racism etc.), then I can change my attitude

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Is hand gesturing Ne?

Also I mentioned this elsewhere, but I’m confused on my Si and maybe I am misunderstanding it. In the one sense, I feel pretty aware of my body, like when something is wrong and often what is wrong. I also have a pretty good memory. Not necessarily with something like, where I put my keys, but with more important, long-term and the like stuff...or cramming before a test (I am extremely procrastinating and I tend to do well in this mode). On the other hand, I hate spending time “pampering” myself. I see my sister take her time tending to her appearance and physical self-care and to me it’s such a tedious chore. I make myself look decent often (sometimes I’m walking out the door in pj’s and messy af hair though) with some individualistic flairs, but I do it quickly and probably somewhat sloppily lol. I’m not sure if this is connected to Si or what.

I am open to other interpretations! Socionics has been the hardest typing system to figure out wtf I am. Mbti and enneagram were pretty obvious and consistent pretty fast. Although I can’t say IEI fits like a glove, the more and more I’ve read it seems to fit better than any other type. Though maybe there is a type I am missing, and maybe this is a highly flawed system just like the rest ;p The psychological and personality realm are pretty murky still, much to still be understood and discovered. It’s all in its infancy really
    No hand gesturing is sx/so 8w7

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny you mentions SLE’s in prison too because I was thinking about how this one guy in the forensic unit at a particular job seemed to exemplify SLE and I actually found him pretty funny and cool. Got put in isolation for being too aggressive though :/