Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
The instinct stacking changing per type in the trifix is something I can only see possibly working if it changes progressively according to the original "core" stacking. Your example has two different E types for Sp, along with a different one backing up the first instinct. It is too disconnected, too random, and it doesn't work with how the interplay of type and instinct is classically understood.

For example, So/Sp 358 becomes So/Sp 3, Sp/Sx 5, Sx/So 8.

And I am still quite skeptical about this idea of changing instinct stacks to begin with. There isn't a reason for this to be the case as far as I can tell, but if it does happen / exist, it must be demonstrated thoroughly.
I tried something similar a few years ago when I was still exploring tritype. I had myself as 4 sx 5 sp 9 so, for a little while, but ultimately let all that go (including tritypes) a year or so ago, maybe longer. It made some sense at the time. I just realized I didn't need to complicate and dilute it so much (for myself) to get what I needed from enneagram. I went back to core theory and started over. Exploring it was still helpful for what I needed at the time. I am assuming Mclane needs whatever he is doing now for himself.

I was going to go into ego fixations and the soul being beyond ego when I responded the first time. I just didn't have the energy yesterday. Glad I didn't. The way you said it was concise and clear.