Thread: Si - how to discover it

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    ........But strictly speaking they are actually focusing on the inner component "projected" onto the environment.

So my perspective in this thread is more introverted than usual,.........
    You seem to be referring to the SXIs' fairly rigid sets of standards, to which they compare everything and everyone; in that sense, it's a projection but it's often one that only the SXI observer can sense. Si-subtypes tend to engage others much less than normal SXIs and seem more defensive and intransigent, which can make them rather opaque to others - and themselves. Reactionary SXIs build their walls so high and stand so close to them that they can lose all perspective.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    You seem to be referring to the SXIs' fairly rigid sets of standards, to which they compare everything and everyone; in that sense, it's a projection but it's often one that only the SXI observer can sense. Si-subtypes tend to engage others much less than normal SXIs and seem more defensive and intransigent, which can make them rather opaque to others - and themselves. Reactionary SXIs build their walls so high and stand so close to them that they can lose all perspective.....

a.k.a. I/O
    I thought unhealthy XSI is described that way........ and SXI is like a lot more adaptable relaxed Ip the unhealthy form of which is a lot of laziness and apathy

You sound like mixing MBTI with Socionics

Not that I care lol, I don't think either system is great at all but I'm just surprised

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I thought unhealthy XSI is described that way........ and SXI is like a lot more adaptable relaxed Ip the unhealthy form of which is a lot of laziness and apathy

You sound like mixing MBTI with Socionics

Not that I care lol, I don't think either system is great at all but I'm just surprised
    My descriptions aren't based on Socionics nor MBTI models; most on this site would not agree with the SLI description that I've posted. I find that SXIs tend to be ambivalent until their space is invaded or threatened and some of them see threats where there aren't any; some can really get paranoid especially when they've been alone for too long. XSIs tend to be set in their ways but their standards and principles can be rather flexible so long as logic and practicality is maintained. SXIs have been known to go out in a blaze of glory just on principle (more than a few times based on false assumptions) while XSIs tend to flee so they could think and perhaps live to fight another day but I'm sure the next time would be from ambush. XSIs also seem to never be as certain of their information as SXIs tend to be.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

My descriptions aren't based on Socionics nor MBTI models; most on this site would not agree with the SLI description that I've posted. I find that SXIs tend to be ambivalent until their space is invaded or threatened and some of them see threats where there aren't any; some can really get paranoid especially when they've been alone for too long. XSIs tend to be set in their ways but their standards and principles can be rather flexible so long as logic and practicality is maintained. SXIs have been known to go out in a blaze of glory just on principle (more than a few times based on false assumptions) while XSIs tend to flee so they could think and perhaps live to fight another day but I'm sure the next time would be from ambush. XSIs also seem to never be as certain of their information as SXIs tend to be.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Where is the SLI description?

Where is the idea of yours from about SXI being more rigid than XSI with standards and principles?

Btw. All the LSI descriptions talk about that certainty thing of LSI lol.

Si-dom description of Van der Hoop (Jung student) says Si is not open to new information first but it is only passively "resisting" it then comes to accept it. This one does happen to be in line with SXI and Ne dual seeking. While Ne PoLR seems to be about more actively resisting.

But then these are theories on people... While neither theory explains these patterns properly I think.

I think the factors making people rigid like that are dependent on things that are not explained by these models whatsoever. Even where these models seem to touch on it's superficial touching on it and not the proper explanation.

And then this is why we get people who say XSI are the rigid ones (standard Socionics and Van der Hoop/jungian stuff) and then people who say XSI are the flexible ones (you and MBTI) and so on. It's kinda random really which follower of these ideas (that were originally from Jung and then modified by many people) will claim that X type is Y or the complete opposite of it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Where is the SLI description?

Where is the idea of yours from about SXI being more rigid than XSI with standards and principles?

..... Si is not open to new information first but it is only passively "resisting" .....
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...cription+I%2FO

SXI is rigid from a defensive perspective - defending what they believe is correct and proper. XSI is hard-headed from a I'm-going-to-do-it-my-way perspective - right or wrong. XSI tend to think that information (including standards) is transient and disposable and they can easily start from zero whereas SXIs are far more and often too deeply rooted into (dependent on) their knowledge and skill base. SXIs often wing it with the assumption that what they have will get them through it all whereas XSIs need a plan but when they have a plan, they're hard to stop....

To say that SLIs passively resist, one hasn't met an angry one; I would fear their knee jerk and often unpredictable reactions over anything LSIs can deliver.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 09-14-2019 at 11:41 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...cription+I%2FO

SXI is rigid from a defensive perspective - defending what they believe is correct and proper. XSI is hard-headed from a I'm-going-to-do-it-my-way perspective - right or wrong. XSI tend to think that information (including standards) is transient and disposable and they can easily start from zero whereas SXIs are far more and often too deeply rooted into (dependent on) their knowledge and skill base. SXIs often wing it with the assumption that what they have will get them through it all whereas XSIs need a plan but when they have a plan, they're hard to stop....

To say that SLIs passively resist, one hasn't met an angry one; I would fear their knee jerk and often unpredictable reactions over anything LSIs can deliver.......

a.k.a. I/O
    That description is MBTI ISTP and Socionics ISTp alright.

But I'm still not really following your ideas here. I've never heard anyone identifying with SXI (and I specifically know how MBTI ISTP never says that, Ive talked to enough of them until I saw they were completely alien to me - and your desc lines up with MBTI ISTP) say that they are so deeply rooted into that knowledge and skill base. Or that XSIs would easily start from zero or easily drop standards randomly. I personally don't relate to either one btw. I did notice before that I'm deeply rooted in some approaches/systems I had before, some of it comes back to me from even 2 decades ago. I don't really think about it by default but that's really true though and I like to keep consistency forever, well as long as it doesn't lose the point (this can be effortful but I don't mind doing effort). I can wing things, yeah as long as they are not too complex. By winging I mean I adapt quickly enough on the spot and I only have a draft of a plan. I follow that draft but it truly is a draft only. Not detailed at all. If things are too complex, I need to do a bit more detailed plan but I do make that plan. Not overly detailed, but I become definitely more planful than by default. I'm not good at making plans extra detailed tho', it would just make no sense to me tbh. Overall I can start from zero but I don't like to do that all the time. Bc I want to get ahead in my achievements in life, not just always step back and start from zero. Plus I don't like to have to learn new skills all the time just for the sake of it, nah. And I take time to familiarise myself with something totally new before I get into it. Or, alternatively, I make a decision to get into it for whatever reason and then I jump into it. That may be your starting from zero thingy. But I'm not even really focused on skills in that case. Or at any other time, either. I focus on the goal and achievement really, not on skills. Whatever that means in your interpretation.

Suppose these are your observations from a distance. While using systems that don't really work all that well for it.

And btw: "defending what they believe is correct and proper. XSI is hard-headed from a I'm-going-to-do-it-my-way perspective - right or wrong"

I don't really register the difference here. Both are about what's right/wrong, correct or not. Your ISTp description has the ISTp hard headed with doing things their own way, not wanting to be in sync with others. That btw to me is completely alien

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O
    No, I was saying that introverted sensing is about sensing impressions, but these impressions are not really connected to the environment, even though they are activated by the environment and perceived as being "out there". So the person is more focused on an "image", "reflection" of the environment, than the environment itself.

(Then there are of course also other Si-impressions, that are not felt in the environment, such as body sensations, tiredness etc.)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)