Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
What would convince you of causation?

I think we can agree that Enneagram and Jungian typology focus on different aspects in your psychology. Jungian is more about how the brain operates and Enneagram is more about your drives, motivations, psychological hindrances etc. Both of which are strongly connected with each other. For instance, introverts won't develop a 7-like pattern and psychological hindrances or occupations, because they both cancel each other out. It is like saying people can be "ambiverted". But sure, there are people who make cases for ambiversion. But then you fall out of the Jungian frame.
To be convinced of causation I would need to see A) Statistics showing that everyone of a certain sociotype is a certain enneagram type and B) That it is due to their sociotype and not other factors.

I don't think falling out of the Jungian fram would necessarily be a bad thing though. If anything, we certainly don't use the original Jungian frame now - I don't see why people in this community seem to have such an aversion to break away from "muh original Jung"