Thread: Switch genders to have a better life

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d love having tits tbh. It might make up for having periods.

Otherwise, I don’t think I’d care.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

One gene stops ovaries from turning into testes

IN SCIENCE, WE don’t often get to talk about male repression, but a new discovery gives us just such a chance. It turns out that ovaries can only remain ovaries by constantly suppressing their ability to become male. Silence a single gene, and adult ovaries turn into testes. That adult tissues can be transformed in this way would be surprising enough, but doing so by changing a single gene is truly astonishing.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get people who can know things like this and still oppose bioengineering. Dear fuck, one tiny molecule bent the wrong way, and you can get one of any number of unthinkable conditions and be boned before it even begins. The flesh is terrifying.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    I don't get people who can know things like this and still oppose bioengineering. Dear fuck, one tiny molecule bent the wrong way, and you can get one of any number of unthinkable conditions and be boned before it even begins. The flesh is terrifying.
    I'm pretty sure this is why trans exists. It's not unheard of for prepubescent or pubescent children to apparently change sexes and even meditation can change gene expression, so telling people you can be trans changes the actual expression. Trans people are all intersex anyways.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is old news and not quite accurate. Y chromosomes are not needed to form testes since the SRY gene can be copied onto X chromosomes sometimes, which is how most males with XX chromosomes come into existence. FOXL2 and SOX9 causing gonad differentiation is accurate though. At this point in time scientists are basically working to make sure gender is fixed at birth in humans rather than it changing because it overwhelmingly looks like it can change in response to environmental pressures in humans. It looks like fat = make estrogens = turn female so you can make a baby, and no fat = no estrogens = turn male because there wouldn't be enough fat for the baby. We already see morphological changes and reduced fertility in humans under similar conditions, like fat men who grow breasts, have reduced sperm count and erectile dysfunction, and athletic women who stop menstruating, have their breasts shrink and their clitoris grow. Social policing seems to be what prevents people from actually crossing the sex line. There are already full morphological changes at puberty due to a gene that doesn't pop up in the article and doesn't relate to gonads e.g. in guevedoches though I hope that isn't begging for another explanation.

TL;DR I know the full process of sexual differentiation in humans, more or less, though it's knowledge that's actively discouraged from being sought.