Thread: Logically rationalize God

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I think if I were God, I would find planning and orchestrating everything all the time to be boring af. I would automate myself and make some parts of the universe semi-random, and have lots of different channel options going at the same time eventually, and then I'd just let it run on its own. Why would I want to know the ending?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Also I think if I were God, I would find planning and orchestrating everything all the time to be boring af. I would automate myself and make some parts of the universe semi-random, and have lots of different channel options going at the same time eventually, and then I'd just let it run on its own. Why would I want to know the ending?
    Great point that CS Lewis and Chesterton took on. God wants to be surprised. His curse is that he cannot be surprised. He wants to look at something and not see his own reflection in it. But if he tells people to not obey him , and then they disobey, that would be obeying him. It has to be a secret. He wants something that is not him.

Otherwise a great mind has nothing to do and may as well watch his shadow on the wall all day.

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. " -Emerson

And that Foo Fighters song:

The only thing I'll ever ask of you
    You got to promise not to stop when I say when

<span jsname="YS01Ge" style="font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."