I bought a book recently.
It's colorful, has pictures, is printed black on recycled (light brown) paper, there is an underlying grid but the content is dynamic, it has small subcategories that are fast read, it's on a spiritual topic I'm fond of; this book suits my tastes.
More so than show me novelty, it reminds me of many beliefs I used to hold dear yet forgot about because life, because people didn't like them. It resonates within, like an echo of a long lost truth. It has ideas I used to hold dear but became affraid of with time because of judgements. I really lost myself recently trying to define my existance to others, lol.
Of course, I don't agree with 100% of what's written in it, life is life after all.
It's not about any sort of god nor christianity, I'm unwilling to say what's the book's title or even it's topic, mostly because it's irrelevant. It's a reminder of the beliefs that make me feel love, and not just in the heart, also in mind and body. A way to feel whole and one with life. It flickers still.
I think certain people are looking for fusion through religion/spirituality, others a sense of community/belonging, others to have a safe haven, a sort of sanctuary... I think it's a matter of needs first and foremost.

I think God is an idea that has been abused and perverted by many, held as a weapon, spat out in hatred in the face of life. I'm quite fond of the line "the tao which can be named in not the eternal tao*" from the tao te king. It's a thing I can't explain, words become utterly small in the face of... it. It feels right, that is all. To use known words, if I had to describe my "faith" it would be agnostism, omnism, with a bias towards taoism.

I wrote the other day I was looking for faith, I guess I'm more looking for self-respect and stability about it.

* traduction of a traduction.