Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
Just some thoughts

- I think faith or "proof of God" easily comes in the way for getting closer to God. Then it's all about believing, and the emphasis is there, and it feels so constructed, artificial. Better to throw belief away and just admit that "I don't believe", and tell God to f**k off or something. Heresy can be good and refreshing. Then when belief is gone one might be able to experience things more clearly. And the religious instinct can come to life.

- I like the idea that reality is God. We are so used to reality that we don't see it that way, but reality is the ultimate authority over our lives, or over anything we do. It is also the great "Other", we don't really know what reality is, we just find ourselves in the middle of it. I think one could spend a lot of time meditating upon this trying to grasp it.

- As for traditional religion, Jung suggested that modern man can still hold on to Christianity if he learns to take it symbolically. You don't actually have to believe in fairy tales in order to be religious. The message can still speak to you and be a factor in your life.

I'm appreciative that people provided logic that I specifically, explicitly asked for, and I don't want to diminish that, but this post is the most helpful and meaningful to me. Thanks.