Thread: Pinterest and other Celebrity Typing Galleries

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of these sources contradict one another, there is also always an odd one here and there that doesn't seem to make sense. Despite that VI is still useful, knowing facial expressions and body language is useful to gain insight into someone's personality. It is used in life outside of socionics all the time.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post
    A lot of these sources contradict one another, there is also always an odd one here and there that doesn't seem to make sense. Despite that VI is still useful, knowing facial expressions and body language is useful to gain insight into someone's personality. It is used in life outside of socionics all the time.
    I think it's just very difficult to get a consensus. the only actual productive idea would be a collaborative project, but 5 people will never agree on a person's type, because there are just too many variables like functional accentuations and different understandings of what a type is. you could introduce specific rules so that type suggestions need to have a certain level of accuracy but you're just gonna lose all creative subtypes with that and most people don't have the time and patience for it anyway.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I think it's just very difficult to get a consensus. the only actual productive idea would be a collaborative project, but 5 people will never agree on a person's type, because there are just too many variables like functional accentuations and different understandings of what a type is. you could introduce specific rules so that type suggestions need to have a certain level of accuracy but you're just gonna lose all creative subtypes with that and most people don't have the time and patience for it anyway.
    I remember Gulenko saying that sensors are better suited for visual identification methods since they are more apt to pick up on subtle visual cues. I think VI typing belongs in the same category of "body language analysis" that is used law enforcement interrogations.

Along with body movement, experts use facial expressions, voice quality, and speech content to decode what people are thinking, Dr. Glass says. "When you have all these codes of communication, then you see the whole picture, and you can make accurate analyses," she says. At a time when politicians seem shady, and celebrity drama is juicier than ever, it's no wonder people flock to body language experts to explain the world around us.
    https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/wha...anguage-expert

Body language experts are common and accepted in other fields, but VI in socionics is still challenged by some. With both I think its more an art than a science, funnily enough the article I linked says something similar about body language reading.

But what you might not understand is that body language analysis is a science and an art that requires education and an immense understanding of human behavior.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post
    I remember Gulenko saying that sensors are better suited for visual identification methods since they are more apt to pick up on subtle visual cues. I think VI typing belongs in the same category of "body language analysis" that is used law enforcement interrogations.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/wha...anguage-expert

Body language experts are common and accepted in other fields, but VI in socionics is still challenged by some. With both I think its more an art than a science, funnily enough the article I linked says something similar about body language reading.
    I don't find body language all that helpful when typing celebrities or historical figures, but what you can observe is manner of speech and facial expressions. are the eyes focused on the surrounding, expressive, curious, does the person speak in a fast and precise manner, do they not think or pause all that much between sentences etc. that points to extroversion, but it's not a common trait among harmonizing extroverts. for introverts: are the eyes unfocused, looking to the side or the bottom, is there a slower manner of speech, more pauses etc. might not apply to dominant subtypes

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    BTW Trump is not SLE. He's a (definitely twisted but also somewhat idealistic) gamma extrovert (more likely SEE) who's pretending to be SLE, maybe because he really sympathizes with/believes in beta values, or he wants to get more beta votes. Possibly both.
    this will just derail the thread tbh

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    this will just derail the thread tbh
    I'll behave and not respond to challenges then