Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
In the early days of this forum there was a user by the name of Slava who wrote descriptions of the functions which were, in my opinion quite accurate. Here it is: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ight=functions

Notice what he says about the ego being "the people chemist". is about the repulsion or attraction you feel towards other people though this isn't really expressed through words or logic.

In any case, you say you have trouble understanding people without them explaining their motives, but you have to know people rarely express their true motives, especially when asked (could be because they are ashamed, in denial, even to themselves, afraid of being unmasked etc). I think it can be good to analyze their motives in the context of their actions, not based on what they say explicitly. Let me give you a dumb example of what I mean. In front of the store where I work there is a crossing where cars often get into near accidents with bikes or other cars. Once this girl in her car nearly ran over this guy on a bike, and then she started yelling at him. My ILI collegue told me that she was yelling because of the emotion that the idea she might have killed the guy. She wasn't hateful towards him, as a superficial onlooker might have assumed, but afraid she could have hurt him. Of course, she would never have admitted this.

This example is to point out that people's motives aeren't always what they seem, though they do "make sense" even if the true motive is often not what the person says it is.
That one. Is the one that makes me confused all the time. I realized that sometimes their intentions are different from how they act. I often encourage them to let me know but in the end i know they won't even tell me all (mostly because they're in denial i guess). In the end i gather all the possibilies, but then fed up and leave. But must of the time i also dont care as long as it seems nice from the surface.

For your example, i guess i kind of understand it. But the thing is i don't want to assume what them feel. I keep it neutral as how i see it neutral too. The problem coming after it's too late. It seems like they hide everything until things become complicated and hard to solve.