Thread: Can an INFj be not-so-empathic-and-nice?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@koffee, your self-description actually comes closer to who I think EII’s really are than any written description I’ve seen.

Yes, EII’s can seem outwardly nice, but I’ve known a couple males, and two females just ending their marriages to jerks, and when push comes to shove, EII’s can be real hard-asses. This is almost never seen, but it is clear as day to me.

Consider this: EII’s are duals to the LSE’s, who themselves can be incredible blockheads (low Ne) and jerks (low Fi). How do types hold their own against their duals? By having access to the same functions. They just have those functions at different strengths and so normally complement the dual and they appear to be very different, but both are fundamentally on the same wavelength.

So when the LSE bull with no foresight starts bellowing and crashing into the walls because no one loves him and he can’t figure out what to do about that, the EII is going to head straight for him and tell him in no uncertain terms to settle down. That is not the response of a wallflower, it is the response of a person who knows very well right from wrong and isn’t going to put up with bad behavior.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-14-2019 at 02:13 PM.