View Poll Results: Did Jeffrey Epstein kill himself?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he was a pedophile and he didn't want to get tortured in prison

1 10.00%
  • No, he was murdered because he had info on too many wealthy, powerful people

6 60.00%
  • He's still alive, they faked his death and now he's hiding

1 10.00%
  • I am not sure, not enough information to know either way

2 20.00%

Thread: Did Jeffrey Epstein kill himself?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Witnesses report that he was in good spirits and had no intention of dying prior to the incident. Add to to this that very conveniently vigilance cameras malfunctioned, guards were told to leave post, and there was no physical way in his cell he could have hanged himself, it becomes apparent what probably happened; some brute got in, snapped his neck, and got away. Since the dude was an scumbag, nobody will miss him enough to do a throughrough investigation (but in any case, we still don't even know who killed kennedy...), but it's a pity because he could have implicated a lot of pedos that would potentially have gone down with him.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Witnesses report that he was in good spirits and had no intention of dying prior to the incident.
    Exactly how I would act to get taken off suicide watch if I wanted to be free to kill myself especially in that situation. Acting otherwise would keep you on indefinite watch. Fe would be my tool of choice to get people to think I was fine.

Also not related to him, suicide is a complicated issue. Not everyone shows signs. Most people think of depressed teens when you talk about suicide when it is white middle aged men who commit suicide at a higher rate (based on most stats) . Out of all the people I know who committed suicide only three were high risk with depression and/or previous attempts/threats.

Most of the males I knew gave no indication they were going to do it at all. One male had tried and failed but after he got the all clear from the hospital he went home and finished what he started.

Here's the reality: Suicide is incredibly difficult to predict. There are many reasons for that.

In a piece for Big Think, Joseph Franklin, professor of psychology at Florida State University, writes that humans love explanations that are simple and universal. Though this way of thinking is often helpful, it doesn't translate when it comes to the topic of whether someone will commit suicide. In fact, Franklin's research on the topic showed that even when taking risk factors into account, the most trained experts are no better at predicting actual suicidality than "someone with no knowledge of the patient who predicted based on a coin flip."

It would be easiest if there were incontrovertible proof that depression was the main cause of suicide, but human nature is far too complex for that. Though depression is the "leading causes of disability worldwide" according to the World Health Organization, not everyone who lives with it experiences suicidal ideation. Nor, according to experts, is depression by itself the main cause of suicide.

There are also other factors at work. Many people who live with depression may not even know that they're experiencing symptoms of the disorder. And so many people try to push through the pain of depression with atypical symptoms — where the person appears fine to others — that is now colloquially known as smiling depression. Then there's the fact that despite long-held cultural beliefs about suicide, not all people who die by suicide telegraph their intentions to others. Nor are all suicides planned. Impulsivity and access to lethal means are also important factors that must be considered.

https://www.upworthy.com/smiling-dep...hat-you-can-do
    https://www.nami.org/Blogs/NAMI-Blog...ssion%E2%80%9D
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-18-2019 at 04:27 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW