Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: ESE torturing SLI (documentary)

  1. #1
    Reyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default ESE torturing SLI (documentary)


  2. #2
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,562
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Related vid. Hamlet and Gabin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.


    Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

  3. #3
    Ragdoll Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL @Reyne

  4. #4
    Reyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Cat View Post
    LOL @Reyne
    Do you think it's accurate? <_<

    I think the barber's communication style is clearly passionate. I also notice a total lack of Ni (tons of times he just wastes time doing useless stuff like talking with his dog and petting him, and laughing because he sees a weird person on the street).

    The guy getting the hearcut seems very practical and coldblooded and really doesn't seem to respond well to Fe. I considered ESI too, but an ESI I think would suffer less (I may be wrong but it seemed like he was suffering, lol).

  5. #5
    Ragdoll Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Do you think it's accurate? <_<

    I think the barber's communication style is clearly passionate. I also notice a total lack of Ni (tons of times he just wastes time doing useless stuff like talking with his dog and petting him, and laughing because he sees a weird person on the street).

    The guy getting the hearcut seems very practical and coldblooded and really doesn't seem to respond well to Fe. I considered ESI too, but an ESI I think would suffer less (I may be wrong but it seemed like he was suffering, lol).
    I think its accurate. ESE seems fitting the barber well and the dude getting the haircut seems definitely SLI to me. I think its a very good example, actually.

  6. #6
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha hes like just shut up and cut my hair.

    Te subtype maybe.

  7. #7
    Attis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    RLOEI
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is why I learned how to cut my own hair at a young age.
    Low Value Robot

  8. #8
    Ragdoll Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mb he's not even uncomfortable. That's just the way Fe PoLR is. He doesnt know how to engage in the emotional atmosphere. It looks like you are angry or uncomfortable for outsiders but only you know what's truly going on. He probably doesn't even know how outsiders are perceiving him (if he's being too cold, too detached, etc). He's just there in his own, independent an alien of the emotional atmosphere. People often imagine the worst and invent explanations for such behavior. It makes feel others insecure.
    This guy is a pretty stereotypical Fe PoLR. There are others SLI that are not so serious or gloomy or at least not all the time.

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Cat View Post
    Mb he's not even uncomfortable. That's just the way Fe PoLR is. He doesnt know how to engage in the emotional atmosphere. It looks like you are angry or uncomfortable for outsiders but only you know what's truly going on. He probably doesn't even know how outsiders are perceiving him (if he's being too cold, too detached, etc). He's just there in his own, independent an alien of the emotional atmosphere. People often imagine the worst and invent explanations for such behavior. It makes feel others insecure.
    This guy is a pretty stereotypical Fe PoLR. There are others SLI that are not so serious or gloomy or at least not all the time.
    Pretty much. I find SLI can be a whole range of things in this regard. This guy is on the extreme end. In reality he is just neutral to the moment. I know this clearly.

  10. #10
    Ragdoll Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Pretty much. I find SLI can be a whole range of things in this regard. This guy is on the extreme end. In reality he is just neutral to the moment. I know this clearly.
    Now imagine him as woman.

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Cat View Post
    Now imagine him as woman.
    I don't need to imagine I know SLI women.

  12. #12
    Ragdoll Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    I don't need to imagine I know SLI women.
    that's better.

  13. #13
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,782
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Cat View Post
    Now imagine him as woman.
    Or a cat.

  14. #14
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Cat View Post
    that's better.
    What is better?

  15. #15
    Samuel Leopold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    TIM
    SLI-N
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Cat View Post
    Now imagine him as woman.

    I'd rather imagine the ESE as a woman, honestly.
    "These are strange and breathless days, the dog days, when people are led to do things they are sure to be sorry for after." -- Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting (1975)

  16. #16
    Ragdoll Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Leopold View Post
    I'd rather imagine the ESE as a woman, honestly.
    exactly.

  17. #17
    Reyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like the fact that introverts can all be mistaken for eachother when there's not enough interaction (except maybe Fe creatives). This dude may aswell be LSI, or something else, judging from the first seconds of the video. In fact many Fe DS appear like Fe polr, but if you're positively expressive and patient enough you can get the most expressive smile out of them (Ti leads), and they'll end up participating in the atmosphere (at their own tempo, but still...).

    I remember one day I was into an electronics shop. I actually got lost (literally, it was a huge shop and I didn't know were the hell I was and were the computers were) and asked for directions to a employee. He was like "wait a second, I have to finish this thing" writing on a bloc notes. It seemed like he was actually working, but after a few seconds he immediately asked me "please, do you know an animal's name who begins with this letter and ends with that one?". He was just playing hangman.
    At that point I wanted to know the answer too, and he was a very positive guy, so I just ended up playing the game for a while, while his FiSe colleague was like "dude, you'll get fired". I think Ti/Fe types are just more driven by curiosity and love for positive and non serious emotional atmospheres.

    Ti types give always an initial impression of being stern, but one sentence is sufficient to transform them. Strong Fe types will notice their "autistic" way of participating in the atmosphere, but they'll stil be positive about it.

  18. #18
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Ti types give always an initial impression of being stern, but one sentence is sufficient to transform them. Strong Fe types will notice their "autistic" way of participating in the atmosphere, but they'll stil be positive about it.
    That’s pretty spot on, honestly.

    Speaking of, though, you’re typing yourself LII now? I’m curious; what changed?
    As soon as the land of any country has all become private property, the landlords, like all other men, love to reap where they never sowed, and demand a rent even for its natural produce.

  19. #19
    Reyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    That’s pretty spot on, honestly.

    Speaking of, though, you’re typing yourself LII now? I’m curious; what changed?
    Personal growth and self acceptance.

  20. #20
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Personal growth and self acceptance.
    Fair enough.
    As soon as the land of any country has all become private property, the landlords, like all other men, love to reap where they never sowed, and demand a rent even for its natural produce.

  21. #21
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Cat View Post
    that's better.
    Not my dual sweetie. Trust me on that.

  22. #22
    faith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    TIM
    SLE ESTp 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe its my dislike of hairdressers for not being purposeful in their interactions, but my goodness! He's so easily distracted!

  23. #23
    Ragdoll Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Not my dual sweetie. Trust me on that.
    I know.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Do you think it's accurate? <_<

    I think the barber's communication style is clearly passionate. I also notice a total lack of Ni (tons of times he just wastes time doing useless stuff like talking with his dog and petting him, and laughing because he sees a weird person on the street).

    The guy getting the hearcut seems very practical and coldblooded and really doesn't seem to respond well to Fe. I considered ESI too, but an ESI I think would suffer less (I may be wrong but it seemed like he was suffering, lol).
    Does Ni ignoring do this behavior also?

    I got an Ne dom friend who, whenever we are about to go out, he's takes his sweet time doing little things while I'm waiting to leave, and it's almost like he has no idea he's holding me up lol.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    I like the fact that introverts can all be mistaken for eachother when there's not enough interaction (except maybe Fe creatives). This dude may aswell be LSI, or something else, judging from the first seconds of the video. In fact many Fe DS appear like Fe polr, but if you're positively expressive and patient enough you can get the most expressive smile out of them (Ti leads), and they'll end up participating in the atmosphere (at their own tempo, but still...).

    I remember one day I was into an electronics shop. I actually got lost (literally, it was a huge shop and I didn't know were the hell I was and were the computers were) and asked for directions to a employee. He was like "wait a second, I have to finish this thing" writing on a bloc notes. It seemed like he was actually working, but after a few seconds he immediately asked me "please, do you know an animal's name who begins with this letter and ends with that one?". He was just playing hangman.
    At that point I wanted to know the answer too, and he was a very positive guy, so I just ended up playing the game for a while, while his FiSe colleague was like "dude, you'll get fired". I think Ti/Fe types are just more driven by curiosity and love for positive and non serious emotional atmospheres.

    Ti types give always an initial impression of being stern, but one sentence is sufficient to transform them. Strong Fe types will notice their "autistic" way of participating in the atmosphere, but they'll stil be positive about it.
    This is interesting, because I had an LII supervisor who was really nerdy and serious at work, but after work we would have board game nights on thursdays and he was very jovial and curious and really into the game. And you say "autistic" is funny because it does appear to be that way when someone goes from one extreme to the other, that happened when this once again stern serious nerdy looking guy sung a coworker a happy birthday dirge with the commitment and gusto of a lead opera singer. It's like "where tf did that even come from?!". He's one of those guys when you first meet him people reassure you that though he may look serious he's actually really cool.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,741
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reminds me a lot of that Red Villain guy ... wasn't he typed SLI.

    I view delta males as like this a lot. They can be hot and manly on the surface but communicating with them is too much of an awkward brick wall. Its usually soooo awkward and weird trying to talk to one. Dear God. especially if we are both dudes and society really doesn't socialize males to interact with each other anyway unless they are already good friends somehow. (which I most likely won't be if the person is from delta quadra)

    I notice IEE delta males , even though they have faggy four dimensional demonstrative Fe, they still have this delta str8 male seriousness to them that always values the Fi over the Fe even though their Fe is very good at all times. They are much much more accepting of my Fe though even if they are being obviously two-faced about it and will always choose Team Delta over me. haha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •