Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
What makes you think that people are all the same in terms of "cold objective" rationality and differ in terms of feelings? That to me didn't sound all that logical

I would say the easiest way to refute this idea is think of the stereotypical male vs stereotypical female. Yes those are stereotypes and how your brain works doesn't depend all that strictly on whether you have a penis or a vagina but there are actual differences in the brains of people regarding "masculine" and "feminine" stuff. Ofc it's an individual mix of different skills/traits for everyone.
I don't think people differ in their ability to be logical and objective. Some people may have faster CPU, more RAM/HDD, but that's just the speed in which people do things. They don't differ in their ability to be able to perform fundamental, elementary operations (basically pure logic), which allow them to perform more complex operations. If people differ in their thinking, then that has more to do with software. Basically there's a computer hardware, and you can install virtually any kind of OSes and software on it. There's no limit as to what can be potentially installed, if there's no limit to memory.

I think emotions are more software than hardware.

I think there are differences between men and women, but I think that has more to do with differences between psychological masculine/feminine. For example, gay men are more similar in their psychology to straight women. There are some structural differences in the brain, but I still think that's more software than hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
The socionics model does attempt to explain things, it's another issue altogether that the explanations are not holding up.
Sure it "explains" things... by saying that what has been observed in the past will repeat again in the future. So you might say that a certain behavior is explained by Alpha Ti. But what that's really saying is that "Alpha Ti" behavior has been observed before, and it has been observed again now. So it's saying that the current behavior "fits" the past behavior, and this is supposed to "confirm" the past observation. Sure, but that doesn't explain anything.