Thread: What's Wrong with Socionics - Take Two

Threaded View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    That's not really the whole message about Thinking/Feeling, but it does conflate several factors together in these preferences and that can end up being a problem when trying to apply it to actual situations. This is true both for MBTI and Socionics.

If I were you, I would ask why you got hung up on this issue personally. Does it touch on something for you personally?
    Honestly, I don't like it because, if I come to the conclusion that I'm thinking type, I have to admit that I'm some sort of miser with giving to charities, etc. If I come to the conclusion that I'm feeling type, I have to admit that I'm illogical, weak critical thinker, etc. I don't like either conclusion. But you're right - there are probably several factors that are conflated that's causing it. My theory:

1) You either like giving to charities or you don't.
    2) If you give, you either give in a rational/calculated way, or you do not.

- I like giving, but I prefer to give in a way that is calculated - having certain principles of giving, limits to what I give, etc.

Those two are probably conflated and cause a problem...

I also can't come to a conclusion, because, at the back of my mind, I feel that anything is possible - "in principle, even some of the best theories can be overturned." That makes it very hard to come to a solid conclusion.
    Last edited by jason_m; 08-14-2019 at 12:17 AM.