Thread: What's Wrong with Socionics - Take Two

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Honestly this probably just doesn't bother me because I'm good at theoryweaving about why people are the way they are, in addition to enjoying being given the opportunity to do so. It's like a hangman game where you're given a few hints and get the joy of guessing and testing it and eventually figuring out the answer on your own. It's the blanks in the information that make it fun like a game.
    Yes you naturally come up with theories, because that's what people naturally do all the time. But Socionics is about removing and expunging all those theories and theorizing from its system.

You may think that Socionics is a theory, but if it were, then it would come up with explanations for why people are the way that they are.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Yes you naturally come up with theories, because that's what people naturally do all the time. But Socionics is about removing and expunging all those theories and theorizing from its system.

You may think that Socionics is a theory, but if it were, then it would come up with explanations for why people are the way that they are.
    In the colloquial sense, any statement on reality can be looked at as a kind of theory. Albeit I concede that it's not scientific on its own though, if I ever said that, not that it can't be taken and attempted to be made scientific, or have scientific thinking applied to it.