Thread: Patterns in Daydreams

Threaded View

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Patterns in Daydreams

Can you recognize recurring patterns of action in your (day)dreams?

An EIE explained proudly that in his dreams and daydreams he would save the world. An SLE said a similar thing. He would be more like a vigilante.
    And I suspect ESIs are martyrs.
    One ESE said she would fight for others, but the opposition would put a damper on her efforts.
    And an IEE has constant nightmares about falling.

In my opinion, one can also see the patterns of daydreams of a person in reality. Meaning that someone who dreams of saving the world, shows a tendency to sacrifice himself and expects to be rewarded for it. Martyrs often end up in situations where they are losing just because they sacrifice themselves. And my ESE is actually more likely to end up in situations where she ends up feeling deeply misunderstood or unfairly treated and regrets doing anything at all. It is almost as if people unconsciously steer themselves into certain situations.

How does it look to you?

edit: "in my opinion" is a bold statement. I got it from the book "What Do You Say After You Say Hello" by Eric Berne, 1975

From Amazon:
    What Do You Say After You Say Hello? explains what makes the winners win, the losers lose, and the in-betweens so boring... In it, Dr Eric Berne reveals how everyone's life follows a predetermined script - a script they compose for themselves during early childhood. The script may be a sad one, it may be a successful one; it decides how a person will relate to his colleagues, what sort of person he will marry, how many children he will have, and even what sort of bed he will die in...
    Last edited by Bento; 08-04-2019 at 10:12 PM.