Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
I'd just like to go on record and show that I've been over this with you before >

Many of the very cultures you claim to want to preserve have been the result of violent, "rapid" bouts of "mass immigration" > the Anglo-Saxons in Roman Britain, the Moors in Spain, I could go on. I just don't what you are talking about when you say "artificial" change, as if cultural shifts don't take on many different faces and forms, some being more forced and "intentional" than others, and I don't understand why you think a "monocultural" society is inherently better a multicultural one.
I'll admit that cultural change has happened before with mass immigration, but never to the extent and scale that is happening today. IMO, a monocultural society regardless of the ethnicities that are in it will work better than a multicultural one because there is far less division and more unity. If everyone shares a common language(s) and culture then nation states will be preserved rather than nations ceding to lose their value in preference for a globalized world. Multicultural societies result in ethnic enclaves where people mostly ignore each other and most of the focus is built on consumerism. I know this because I live in one of the most multicultural cities in the world and I'll admit that I enjoy some aspects of multiculturalism like being able to try different types of cuisine from around the world from authentic restaurants as it appeals to my .

However, what I don't like about it is the alienation because despite living in the same city and country, noone really feels connected with one another. You feel like a stranger in your own city and country despite being born and raised in it. When you're in a mall, you just feel like you're in a global shopping outlet, the only thing you share in common with each other is consumerism, everything else is alienating. That is why I'd prefer a multi-ethnic monocultural society in my country, which I know most second generation immigrants and some first generation immigrants along with succeeding generation immigrants will assimilate into. It is only through controlled immigration that this can occur as mass immigration ensures that there will always be substantial first generation immigrants that won't integrate and assimilate into the host country.