Thread: Ayn Rand

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ayn Rand

This is the worst philosopher in the world. If you know anyone who likes her, bop them over the head with a foam hammer and then back away quickly. If you don't know anyone who likes her, keep it that way.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like some of her insights. "Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" might be my favorite.

a two horned unicorn renegade Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I quite like some of her insights. "Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" might be my favorite.

Lol, sounds like Kant has gone over her head. My respect for Rand has gone below absolute zero.
    Uncertified public verbal executioner of ESI. Tickets will be available soon.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 9w8,4,7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know a lot about her, but from the extracts I read, I don't get why she gets labelled as a philosopher(in Greek: lover of wisdom). That's as absurd as calling TV show hosts or Hollywood stars performance artists. I would argue that her work doesn't aim to make people think, but to make them experience thought("Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" ); like some TV show you watch in the evening when all you need is a good laugh, not some deep analysis of what makes a joke funny. Her polemic positions make for good entertainment.

My typing:
    Rand: delta ST so-last
    Ppl that take her too seriously: gamma SFs
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

Life is soup. I'm fork

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She reminds me of the political commentators that go on tv and argue relentlessly that they are right and everyone who says otherwise is wrong. They make everything into a debate that only they are supposed to win and act like they are intellectually superior when any criticism is voiced. They are incapable of listening and learning from people that disagree with them. She would fit in nicely in the modern world, especially on social media.
    Praise Anubis, our lord and savior.