Thread: Ayn Rand

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ayn Rand

This is the worst philosopher in the world. If you know anyone who likes her, bop them over the head with a foam hammer and then back away quickly. If you don't know anyone who likes her, keep it that way.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like some of her insights. "Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" might be my favorite.

Seed my wickedness Existential Ibuprofen's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE LEVF/#unfit4lyfe
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I quite like some of her insights. "Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" might be my favorite.

Lol, sounds like Kant has gone over her head. My respect for Rand has gone below absolute zero.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know a lot about her, but from the extracts I read, I don't get why she gets labelled as a philosopher(in Greek: lover of wisdom). That's as absurd as calling TV show hosts or Hollywood stars performance artists. I would argue that her work doesn't aim to make people think, but to make them experience thought("Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" ); like some TV show you watch in the evening when all you need is a good laugh, not some deep analysis of what makes a joke funny. Her polemic positions make for good entertainment.

My typing:
    Rand: delta ST so-last
    Ppl that take her too seriously: gamma SFs

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She reminds me of the political commentators that go on tv and argue relentlessly that they are right and everyone who says otherwise is wrong. They make everything into a debate that only they are supposed to win and act like they are intellectually superior when any criticism is voiced. They are incapable of listening and learning from people that disagree with them. She would fit in nicely in the modern world, especially on social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.