Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I've met 2 duals that I know of...I dunno what constitutes "perfection" but, uh, they aren't that, but they're ok.

One of them is my bfs dad and he talks a ton, so I guess that's a "flaw" even if it doesn't bother me.

The other is a coworker who kind of avoids me for some reason which is maybe a sign of some kind but I'm ok with it since I hate small talk. He takes time at the end of staff meetings to give everyone financial and tax advice and if that isn't LIE and adorable, good grief.
    Yesterday I called the ESI-Se e6 that I dated once last summer and asked her for some advice on trimming shrubs. The one who likes SLI's and says I talk too much, but I should walk with her so she can listen to me. She reminded me that she still has the key to my garage (she wanted to borrow my lawn mower and I'm never home), but she didn't want to have to listen to me talk all the time, so when could she return it when I wasn't there? I told her to put it in an envelope and just drop it off in the mailbox.

She put it in a JuicyFruit box, which I thought was fairly whimsical and artistic. Very ESI-Se e6.
    https://i.imgur.com/C01eaes.jpg
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-30-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yesterday I called the ESI-Se e6 that I dated once last summer and asked her for some advice on trimming shrubs. The one who likes SLI's and says I talk too much, but I should walk with her so she can listen to me. She reminded me that she still has the key to my garage (she wanted to borrow my lawn mower and I'm never home), but she didn't want to have to listen to me talk all the time, so when could she return it when I wasn't there? I told her to put it in an envelope and just drop it off in the mailbox.

She put it in a JuicyFruit box, which I thought was fairly whimsical and artistic. Very ESI-Se e6.
    https://i.imgur.com/C01eaes.jpg
    Sorry this is such an old thread I am reading. I often find your threads interesting because I think you are a good typer, since the stories you tell often SO fit the type you are describing. I found your above comment interesting because my Mom was ESI. She was happily married forever to my SLI Dad. My Mom LOVED people who were great conversationalists. But, not my kind of conversation [I don't consider myself a "conversationalist". I am more of a "sincere" talker and don't want to talk unless I feel it is something useful, meaningful, important or helpful to say. Like, I can talk awhile about something that made me "realize" something - for example like this post! - but that is not the kind of conversation that Mom was interested in].

When I was in high school and college we had an interesting neighbor who was a vivacious talker,. She was an accomplished professional and quite intelligent (two things Mom admired: success and intelligence). An interesting fact about this neighbor was that she was actually the model for a Dilbert character (the artist was a coworker at a firm she used to work at out west). My Mom LOVED having her join us for holiday meals (she was away from her family, having grown up on a midwestern farm) and this neighbor entertained us all with her lively and interesting talk.

Another example of my Mom's enjoyment of a talker was once Mom and Dad decided to sponsor a student teacher from France (this was certainly Mom's idea) at their otherwise now-empty nest, as there was a need at the local high school for a family to sponsor this young man. So Jacques lived there for that for a year. Jacques was QUITE the talker - very friendly and sociable. When I subbed at that high school some years later, the teachers ALL remembered Jacques and his big and likable personality. Well my Mom just LOVED Jacques the talker. And I think it was because his presence in their home filled a craving she had for interesting conversation. She once said that that was the only thing she would change about Dad - that he would talk more*.

It was in that year that Jacques lived there, that began shortly after my son was born, that I finally give up on the long held hope that Mom would EVER be enthralled with me or anything I did (even something important like bear her grandchild!), because in spite of the amazing new miracle of life in our lives, that year, all she would talk about was Jacques!

So I really think, Adam, that someday some lovely ESI women will be SO grateful for your gift of your kind of talk, and of your just being you. That's what's great about duality. Just us being ourselves is what our dual craves. Most of the time. I really think.

My dad's parents divorced when he was 3, and he spent his childhood shuffling between two homes on a train from a young age, something that was unusual for that time. And since that marriage broke up with an affair, there was acrimonies between ex- and current wife, and my Dad learned to NOT talk to keep the peace. Mom accredited Dad's lack of talk to that. But I think it had something to do with being an "I" married to an "I"...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"