Thread: Betas: Do you want to have a family or a traditional life?

Hybrid View

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

traditional things like family etc are a part of life, so if one doesn't go for it, then those things will simply be left out from experience of life. For me it was like a switch of perspective. When I was younger I didn't care so much for these things, but then it hit me that If I don't care about it then I will miss out on all of that. It sounds really simple or idiotic, but it still was some kind of revelation.

I think tradition connects you to history and the river of life. Normal, traditional stuff has an existential dimension. Everybody has some need for it. It doesn't mean that you have to give up yourself and be totally main stream. It's all about balance.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think tradition connects you to history and the river of life. Normal, traditional stuff has an existential dimension. Everybody has some need for it. It doesn't mean that you have to give up yourself and be totally main stream. It's all about balance.
    I also doubt these are considered mainstream:

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    traditional things like family etc are a part of life, so if one doesn't go for it, then those things will simply be left out from experience of life. For me it was like a switch of perspective. When I was younger I didn't care so much for these things, but then it hit me that If I don't care about it then I will miss out on all of that. It sounds really simple or idiotic, but it still was some kind of revelation.

Frankly this gives me the chills and I can't relate at all lol. That's my perspective on it.

Doing some repeated action that someone else told me about disconnects me from life more than it connects me to it. I don't want to be connected to dead people.... *stomps zombie hand reaching for my foot back into the ground*