Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contrary relationship

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    Strangely, for how negatively Socionics ITR describes contrary relationships, a lot of long-term couples/marriages I've seen were in contrary relations. This is the one relation which sometimes puzzles me when I compare reality to Socionics theory. Personally tho, I don't think I would want to be married to my contrary type. I do feel like they understand me well and we can communicate on the same wavelength, but ultimately I don't feel like I can truly be myself around them.
    Same club which makes them a lot more likely to meet, plus contrary types can sometimes be less intimidating to initiate contact with then duals since they aren't strong in your weak functions.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs typically show their best side with me (esp when 1:1). They get to feel loved, they get to feel wonderful. I can come off harsh or whatever, so they feel less harsh. Sometimes I think of IEEs I wasn’t that close to, and I admire them, it’s almost like they’re an IEI. Save for the ego, it’s more apparent, needing to be admired or entertained.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-29-2023 at 03:12 PM.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contray relations like this movie i never watched the film just the edits so idk what its about, but it just reminds me of the beginning when you find each other mysterious from afar . i usually dont become close with them irl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReJ61ONt9jo i think the girl could be IEE she is strange

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think contrary works okay w/ T types. worse with F

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    i think contrary works okay w/ T types. worse with F
    there's no reason for there to be any difference.
    but if you are SEI, for example, then SLE should not be seen negatively.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    there's no reason for there to be any difference.
    but if you are SEI, for example, then SLE should not be seen negatively.
    the difference is that logician types dont prioritise relations/emotions as much. so they are not so specific when it comes to relational dynamics. but with like an Fi base and Fe base contrary, there is much more specific ideals about how the relationship should be maintained and progressed, so it is less relaxed

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    the difference is that logician types dont prioritise relations/emotions as much. so they are not so specific when it comes to relational dynamics. but with like an Fi base and Fe base contrary, there is much more specific ideals about how the relationship should be maintained and progressed, so it is less relaxed
    the lack of support and similar values, and thus, the experience of insufficiency and banality, is the same; logicians do not get sufficient emotional help, and ethicists do not receive sufficient support in thinking. it's the basic theory of functional strength (and the expanded theory of functional values), and thus, ITR. understand the theory and you'll be more able to notice that contrary is not better for T types than F types. and that you are not SLI.

Kyiv Troll Factory Worker ChaosConductor6669's Avatar
    TIM
    MBTI ISFP
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like almost every ITR, it works if you allow yourself to be the student rather than the teacher. Regardless, SLEs often care too much about how their loved ones feel about them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12