Thread: Why did you type yourself that way?

Hybrid View

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My knowledge of actual functions was poor, but I already had myself as "ISFP" just by common sense and comparison with other people. Then I had strong experiences of ITR particularly supervision from LSE and quasi from ESI, identity from SEI and also duality from ILE. From then on it was just about learning more and getting a clearer picture.

The thing that blew my mind the most was that I realized I had actually experienced supervision from LSE many times before Socionics, I knew exactly what it felt like but discovering it again as a part of this system was incredible.

EDIT: My real type struggle happened back in my MBTI days. I wanted to type myself as an intuitive at first, then I wasn't sure, and I got obsessed. I examined all types and thought about people I knew and concluded that ISFP fits me best if I'm honest. Funny thing is that it wasn't until Socionics with all the additional facts and ITR that I could really know that types are real and be absolutely sure. But I had typed myself correctly back then and I am proud of it. It must have been INTUITION.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 07-25-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)