Thread: Enneagram type 7

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    @nanashi

as someone with an actual eating disorder and body dysmorphia, I find your comments on most threads triggering and they make me want to jump off a bridge.

Just thought you should know
    Thanks, aster. That's useful to know. Let me know what you'd find easier and why if you want to.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Thanks, aster. That's useful to know. Let me know what you'd find easier and why if you want to.
    Well I don’t want to make you change for me. I’m a libertarian and to me you seem like a SJW. But I thought you should know your comments aren’t entirely harmless. Going around preaching about things is a turnoff for a lot of people and can send them reeling in the total opposite direction. I don’t agree with how you go about the issues you
    seem to feel strongly about. Anyway, I agreed more in line with Outlier’s comments. We just have different values.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Well I don’t want to make you change for me. I’m a libertarian and to me you seem like a SJW. But I thought you should know your comments aren’t entirely harmless. Going around preaching about things is a turnoff for a lot of people and can send them reeling in the total opposite direction. I don’t agree with how you go about the issues you
    seem to feel strongly about. Anyway, I agreed more in line with Outlier’s comments. We just have different values.
    you literally do want me to change my actions for you.

You're clear about that.

But you're not being open with me about how.

I am in part libertarian, though I also incorporate other political views into my own.

If you mean Ni-creative = SJW because XIE change systems in response to needs, okay, but if you mean SJW as in 'destructively zealous, holier than

thou, or shaming' well, no. I actively work toward the opposites of those behaviors. And my attempts are all over this site.

You are seeming like you're shaming me and being dismissive with your SJW label of me. How is that not hypocritical?

This confronting me and then retreating without talking is not as effective as just telling me. I'm not a mindreader, aster, and why not tell me but just

talk around it? You've already violated any 'don't change for me' ideals you have by airing your valid struggles. What's so evil of you about being

human and finding something triggering? Then you abandon your willing listener and advocating for yourself at a moment it's unnecessary to.

This sounds more like avoiding rejection than it does healthy boundaries.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    It's obvious that @aster is uncomfortable but at the same time she doesn't want to infringe on your rights to express yourself. Because no matter what triggers someone, the world won't always be able to accommodate. Aster expressed herself freely because it caused her discomfort, you asked for clarification, she gave it, and now it seems like a stressful wall-of-text for her to contend with. Can we stop the triggering talk regarding body image and eating disorders? I also struggled with body dysmorphia to a moderate degree. I know you mean well and you care a lot.
    Yes, we can change the subject, and no, she didn't clarify. That's why I asked.