Thread: Should Quadra Values Be Taken Seriously?

Hybrid View

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nothing to apologize for. Most socionics concepts are used in the forum incorrectly by most. Even the most basic ones like IEs. Fi=morals, Fe=emotions, etc. and sociotypes are just stereotypes and cartoons that cannot fit a real personality. However keep things brief is different from distortion.
    That's why I suggest reading directly socionics theory and socionist articles instead of learning from what others say or comment in this forum. Discussion is constructive, such as asking for perspectives and opinions, though. But again, I'd suggest not constructing basic knowledge from that but using it more as a complement than as primary source.

There are also various authors each one with different observations about same aspects, and from that depends the ideas you get. To take as example tradition, Gulenko says that "tradition" is likely Delta, since delta focuses more in past than future.

Second quadra is oriented towards the future: this quadra is similar to a fired arrow that pierces time. Past is not valuable for the second quadra, on the contrary, it always carries a negative connotation. In the best case it is declared that it is needed to take up the most valuable developments, and move ahead. It is the second quadratic that produces ideas of the "ideal" governments of the future and tries to benefit all humankind by attempting to build them. The fourth quadra is more focused on the past, which is usually endowed by a positive image of established traditions that should not be changed but observed. Sociotypes of fourth quadra are opponents of various social experiments. x
    In the other hand, Strat doesn't mention "tradition" as pertinent to any quadra (afaik).
    So, according what ideas have you acquired from who, you are going to develop an opinion of a concept working irl or not.

In my case, I have met Deltas (j) who are not "traditionalists" as Gulenko describes it, and will strive for social experiments or ideologies of ideal governments (for example communism). But I haven't met yet Betas being truly traditionalists either. I've met betas who care more for fulfilling social conventions such as doing what society dictates should be done (and not merely because of moral, but mb because of Fe, keeping the atmosphere or a sense of belonging). Also as a way to fitting in a group and not being an outcast or not being pushed in the lowest rank in society (from that position they will try to fight their way to dominant positions and influence others according their most honest beliefs).

Anyway, I don't think tradition matches any quadra per se. What's tradition and what's not also depends on what group or circle you belong to and what country or society you are in...and what if a tradition goes against other quadra values? I wouldn't use nouns to describe or explain quadral values but adjectives (since they describe personality traits).

Finally, ime quadras exists as its implicit in model A. There are 4 types with the same valued ethics, logic, sensing and intution, so they would get better understanding between them, than with ppl from opposite values in daily activities. Otherwise, intertype relations don't "exist" neither model A and there are just 8 types instead of 16 (ISTx, ISFx, INFx, ENFx, ESFx, ESTx, ENTx, INTx). That doesn't fit with my personal experience.
    Last edited by Faith; 07-19-2019 at 11:59 PM.