Thread: Should Quadra Values Be Taken Seriously?

Hybrid View

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking for my own irl observations over a decade:

I’ve known a lot of alphas who cling together in a tight social clique, though a couple have broken away from it totally. I also know some who are fairly disconnected.

I’ve known a lot of betas who do their own thing and distrust ideologies and movements. I know one who wrote a whole book against an academic ideology / dynamic, yet is now kind of involved in that very ideology. The upshot: it’s complicated.

Most gammas I know are not about the pursuit of money per se, and certainly not in any greedy way. Some are anti-system, anti-corporate. I know one who is a longtime serious proselytizer for basic income.

I know a lot of Deltas and probably understand them the least, but they have often been tribalistic as I came to know them through a cultic environment. I also know Deltas who keep mainly to themselves.

What I conclude from this is that the things you, Lynx, and others ascribe to the quadras may indeed loosely be those quadras’ domains, but not in any simple, flag-waving manner. There’s plenty of hypocrisy, on the unconscious side (such as the pursuit of individualism through a stultifying and hypocritical group dynamic). There are also people who understand something well enough to see through it, on the more conscious side, even if their fates remain tied to the thing they’ve eschewed.
    Last edited by golden; 07-14-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”