Thread: What do ethical functions feel like?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arxhy View Post
    Fe is adaptation to the social needs of your surroundings, especially in the domain of knowing how to express emotion in a way favorable to others.

Fi is knowing how you feel about others and knowing how others feel about you, and acting accordingly. It's understanding, respecting and trying to shift the boundaries of relationships.
    Ok, that may be so, but... why?

I would guess that "Fe" has more focus on being liked, therefore they're more likely to adapt themselves to others. But this must also mean having more ability to grasp and understand the feelings of others, because in order to know what they like, they must understand their needs and feelings.

I don't think there's much difference between Fi and Fe.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Ok, that may be so, but... why?

I would guess that "Fe" has more focus on being liked, therefore they're more likely to adapt themselves to others. But this must also mean having more ability to grasp and understand the feelings of others, because in order to know what they like, they must understand their needs and feelings.

I don't think there's much difference between Fi and Fe.
    Basically, Fe focuses on how to meet the needs of the situation, and Fi focuses on how to meet the needs of the person. As for motivation, Fe wants to be well-liked in general, and Fi wants to build relationships with people.

It's dynamics of objects (Fe) vs statics of fields (Fi).

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arxhy View Post
    Basically, Fe focuses on how to meet the needs of the situation, and Fi focuses on how to meet the needs of the person. As for motivation, Fe wants to be well-liked in general, and Fi wants to build relationships with people.

It's dynamics of objects (Fe) vs statics of fields (Fi).
    Personally, I don't think that there's such a distinction. Anyone can meet the needs of the person or build relationships with people. There's probably not a "different level" of feelings.

If the feelings are supposedly different, then what are they? Or how are they different? These are just observational outward behaviors of people, but it doesn't go into the inner-mechanisms of those feelings.