This prolly isn't relevant to you since you type me logical but it's a cool idea for a thread that should have more responses (:

Fi: A relatable example is when you look at a painting and develop a feeling either in favor of it or against it. You could do it immediately, viscerally and primitively. Or you could take into account how much work went into it or how creative it is and stuff like that, which might take time and research. But in the end, do you like it or hate it? Having it as a base function is like having that emotionally based discernment with respect to everything (and everyone! that's what gets the focus, even if it could be towards ideas, which is kinda important.) And being constantly aware of that and tending to act based upon it.

Fe: Jeez, I dunno, and it's been one way that I've thought you have a point, you know, that it's 1D for me or something. But I think i feel it in terms of being attuned to this emotional energy and being able to tap into it (or deflate it, lol). (Sometimes, depending on the people around me and how close they are, fi blah blah.) There's a vibe, you know, everywhere, all the time, a flavor, and you might wanna make it taste like mango, if that's your thing, or like dill pickles if you think the situation calls for it (it might. Gross.). Im sure you taste it too, even if Fe is a weak element so it's just kinda out there like sun or rain. (Sometimes its like that for me.)