Thread: The Rise of Far Left Extremism

Threaded View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    This certainly obfuscates things because not being allowed to use something is certainly going to distort the statistics profoundly at least in the US. The main issue though isn't that immigrants are more likely to use welfare or commit more crimes than natives. It's that immigrants add in welfare costs and more crime in the long term (post 5 years) simply by entering because you are adding in more people by default if you don't control immigration. However, I never mentioned the US in terms of welfare or crime as I was talking about Europe. You don't really need a study to see how mass immigration/open borders is draining the welfare states of Western Europe and rising crime rates.

Legal and illegal immigrants to America use less welfare than natives because they are not allowed access to welfare. You need to be a US citizen for 5 years to be eligible for welfare and newly arrived legal immigrants and illegal immigrants don't qualify for welfare. This doesn't apply to Europe though because they have much less stricter rules for welfare than the US.
    OK Raver, I don't think we're going to agree.

To be honest, I've always known that some people will be resistant to outsiders under virtually every circumstance. It's futile to change deep-seated habits, so let's just focus on what we both can agree on: fewer people will need to emigrate from these countries once they become better places to live. This process is slowly happening, but it can obviously be accelerated if the third world receives massive investment and technology transfers from the first world.
    Last edited by xerx; 07-19-2019 at 06:04 AM.