Thread: The Rise of Far Left Extremism

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    It is inevitable to some extent in any homogeneous country, which is why they have the option to move to a multicultural/diverse country or back to their original nation.
    It's doubly unfair that they're the ones that have to move out for being born into the "wrong" race or ethnicity, and how can they go back, when they're born in that country?

We shouldn't make the entire world multicultural/diverse to solve the problem of racism and discrimination. Even in multi-ethnic countries like Brazil, there is still racism, but between different mixtures of people. Even India has had a history of racism within its own people based on how dark their skin color is. People will always find a way to discriminate and be racist towards others, multiculturalism/diversity is a futile attempt at trying to stop it.
    Homogenization is also an artificial attempt at stopping racism, only that it's appeasing to the majority at the expense of the minority.

I think the reason why there's racism is because people hold onto these identities. It's just that people need a better identity like Civic nations.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    It's doubly unfair that they're the ones that have to move out for being born into the "wrong" race or ethnicity, and how can they go back, when they're born in that country?
    If they were born in that country then that makes them a second or third generation immigration that would make integration much easier for them because they absorbed the culture and traditions since birth. It's not easy or without issues of course, but they can live normal lives in those nations regardless. If it doesn't work then immigration can be used as a last resort. If I was born in China because my parents immigrated there before I was born and I felt like everyone hated me as a child growing up because I was the only non-Chinese person in the school then yeah it definitely sucks, but that doesn't mean I think China should become multicultural to cater to me as a minority lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Homogenization is also an artificial attempt at stopping racism, only that it's appeasing to the majority at the expense of the minority.

I think the reason why there's racism is because people hold onto these identities. It's just that people need a better identity like Civic nations.
    If both homogenization and multiculturalism are artificial attempts at stopping racism then it's clear that trying to force homogeneous countries to become multicultural is not the solution. The issue is that people hate people that are different than them in general and it's not just race, sexuality, etc.... It's human nature to want to be with people that are similar to them in views, mentality and personality. Human tribalism exists in many forms, not just with ethnic differences that is just one possibility out of many. This is why multiculturalism, diversity and inclusiveness can only work to a point until it reaches diminishing returns and nothing else improves and we are back to square one where people get discriminated again for new reasons.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they were born in that country then that makes them a second or third generation immigration that would make integration much easier for them because they absorbed the culture and traditions since birth. It's not easy or without issues of course, but they can live normal lives in those nations regardless.
    ...Why would you blame the victim? The racist will discriminate against them no matter how much they've integrated into the host country. There's also no fundamental reason why they should integrate, if only for the safety of not being a target of the majority.

If both homogenization and multiculturalism are artificial attempts at stopping racism then it's clear that trying to force homogeneous countries to become multicultural is not the solution. The issue is that people hate people that are different than them in general and it's not just race, sexuality, etc.... It's human nature to want to be with people that are similar to them in views, mentality and personality. Human tribalism exists in many forms, not just with ethnic differences that is just one possibility out of many. This is why multiculturalism, diversity and inclusiveness can only work to a point until it reaches diminishing returns and nothing else improves and we are back to square one where people get discriminated again for new reasons.
    People hate each other because of polarization and intensification of these identities, which some of them might be almost completely arbitrary. Who cares what "tribe" you belong to?

If people hate each other and fractionalize anyway, then what's the difference between homogeneity and diversity?