Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    @Raver I take it that you're opposed to identity politics when the left-wing is accused of doing it; not to put words in your mouth, but people in your camp will typically express sentiments along the line that identity politics is divisive and racist. Yet the notion that a whole country should preserve the purity of its ethnic identity is inescapably a form of racist identity politics. Please explain why holding these two views at the same time isn't inconsistent and incoherent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    But your view is that different races and ethnicities don't fundamentally get along, so if they get attacked or harassed by the majority, then it's their own fault for merely existing.

See where I'm going with this?
    To be honest with you guys, I really don't want to debate immigration in this thread, I think we did more than enough of it in the last thread and I've gotten sick of it. I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this as we'll likely never reach a consensus.

However, to answer the question @xerxe asked, I'm not going to deny that identity politics is happening on the right just like it is on the left and I'm going to leave it at that.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    However, to answer the question @xerxe asked, I'm not going to deny that identity politics is happening on the right just like it is on the left and I'm going to leave it at that.
    Sounds like an admission that you support identity politics.