Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I wouldn't say it is about achieving balance or being impartial for the sake of it, but rather calling out poor behavior in general regardless of the severity of it. It should not be a competition of who is worse or better and the lesser of two evils is accepted, while the greater of two evils is scorned. It is about acknowledging both while simultaneously seeing the differences in severity and in general between them.
    Yes! The far left shouldn't be allowed to try to ruin the college years of all the more intellectually-inclined students by filling everything up with ridiculous evil philosophies so that you have to agree if you're a normal human being and bite your tongue to the point you can't actually interact with anyone if you're not, and it shouldn't be allowed to ruin Hollywood by filling it with awful superhero films to the exclusion of good films, or fuel the military-industrial complex and run around destroying any wealthy countries it can get away with destroying (which results in way more deaths than right-wing terrorists have on their hands even if antifa aren't the ones killing people.) The damage the far left is doing is much more widespread, though I don't think there's any point in comparing them because I don't want to downplay the damage of the far right by comparing it to the far left any more than I want to downplay the damage of serial killers by comparing them to 20th century genocides. That just doesn't make any sense to do to begin with. "OK, Ted Bundy, you can go scott-free because there once was a man named Adolf ******." "Oh, ****** was completely innocent! He didn't stab a single person to death!" How about no.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Yes! The far left shouldn't be allowed to try to ruin the college years of all the more intellectually-inclined students by filling everything up with ridiculous evil philosophies so that you have to agree if you're a normal human being and bite your tongue to the point you can't actually interact with anyone if you're not, and it shouldn't be allowed to ruin Hollywood by filling it with awful superhero films to the exclusion of good films, or fuel the military-industrial complex and run around destroying any wealthy countries it can get away with destroying (which results in way more deaths than right-wing terrorists have on their hands even if antifa aren't the ones killing people.) The damage the far left is doing is much more widespread, though I don't think there's any point in comparing them because I don't want to downplay the damage of the far right by comparing it to the far left any more than I want to downplay the damage of serial killers by comparing them to 20th century genocides. That just doesn't make any sense to do to begin with. "OK, Ted Bundy, you can go scott-free because there once was a man named Adolf ******." "Oh, ****** was completely innocent! He didn't stab a single person to death!" How about no.
    Periods are free; we won't charge you extra for using them.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Periods are free; we won't charge you extra for using them.
    How about you go first instead of using that semicolon?