Thread: Instincts: inborn, a compensation for what's lacking, or a combination of both?

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By “subtype” do you mean the person places heavy emphasis on their second instinct? I haven’t heard that term before with the instincts.

Thank you for sharing your experience; interesting what you noticed in your group of friends about having the same flow as the mother and having her blindspot as your dominant. I hadn’t noticed that before but it’s true of me. When it comes to my closest friends it’s more of a mixed bag.

At the end of the day I don't really know, but I’m an IEI as well so my brain goes, “ooh! a pattern! What can I theorize from this…” and I always like gathering more patterns from others.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    By “subtype” do you mean the person places heavy emphasis on their second instinct? I haven’t heard that term before with the instincts.
    yes, in the example given, the mom is the wanderer range of sx/sp, the son darksider so/sx. so, heavy emphasis on the secondary instinct. (the father is sx/sp wanderer as well, but they didn't live together) i've seen that quite a few times.

Thank you for sharing your experience; interesting what you noticed in your group of friends about having the same flow as the mother and having her blindspot as your dominant. I hadn’t noticed that before but it’s true of me. When it comes to my closest friends it’s more of a mixed bag.
    mh, yeah, usually they take up the mother's blindspot (or primary caretaker) only when it's an only child or the oldest child. otherwise the younger children seem to orient themselves towards their older sibling (closest in age). of course, there are lot of influences which distort this, but in stable family settings i simply see this quite often (to the point where i can make small predictions about it and end up being right) ... instead of being completely random. but i would assume that might not be the only pattern, maybe sometimes children try to fill the gap of what is missing and are not necessarily influenced by just one person, but a whole family dynamic or physical constraints, environment, etc.