Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
I like them too (though I wish the opt-in thing wasn't part of Yang's UBI thang), but why do you like them but not Bernie or Marianne? I see a lot of people, particularly on the right, who somehow like Gabbard and Yang yet hate on Bernie. I don't understand it.
I like Bernie too, but I like Yang and Gabbard more. Politically, if I was forced to choose, I am likely a centrist or left libertarian, but I have plenty of views that fall in the left or right. I also think the left/right dichotomy is simplistic and flawed and it should be taken with a grain of salt. Back in the 2016 election, I favored Sanders over Clinton. Largely because I liked his ideas, but also because he didn't seem corrupted by the political and business sphere in the way Clinton clearly was.

Sanders has some haters on the left after supporting Clinton in the 2016 election, but I don't blame him. It would of been basically political suicide to not endorse her. His haters on the right say he is too extreme on the left, but most of his policies would be center left in countries outside of the US. Also, Yang and Gabbard have many political views that are similar to Sanders that could be branded as extreme left by the right despite their differences so I agree that it is odd to like Yang and Gabbard, but dislike Sanders.