Thread: What's my type (other than blondes)?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    Of those things you like about LSEs only one actually applies to me.

I think the arguments for ILE are the most compelling.
    Which one
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That I work hard.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That I work hard.
    Aren’t there other aspects of your self than work alone?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Aren’t there other aspects of your self than work alone?
    Definitely! But I'm definitely not economic, not particularly protective, I'm garbage at aesthetics (got help from a friend), and my pallet is garbo; I barely care how food tastes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Definitely! But I'm definitely not economic, not particularly protective, I'm garbage at aesthetics (got help from a friend), and my pallet is garbo; I barely care how food tastes.
    Then have you considered LIE?
    -

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Then have you considered LIE?
    1.) He's neither a LIE nor a LSE; he himself said that his usage of Te is implicit (read:"implied but not directly expressed") which would speak to strong, albeit unconscious 4D Te. Moreover, he creatively uses Ti, as evidenced in his playful "is Nutella on toast a dessert?" quandary, which involves him questioning the logic of a "rule" and the degree to which that works/makes sense with other "rules" concerning the matter. LSEs and LIEs don't readily check something's Ti logical consistency in such a way, though our high D Ti is more than capable at spotting and pointing our logical inconsistencies--we just tend not to do this for the sake of. Why? Because we are Ti ignoring. Based on his video, he does not ignore Ti.

2.) Yes, not every strong, conscious Si user is stereotypically OCD and organized and totally neat/polished and will always stop whatever they're doing to cater to their physical needs; BUT, even as they ignore these Si matters, they are still extremely conscious/aware of them and the rest of humanity will suffer the longer those Si needs go unsatiated. lol IMO and IME, some of the most unbearable people to be around are starving, tired, unwell Si leads and creatives. Instinctively, as a Si PoLR, I look down on Si needs and those that take them "too seriously." If I have members on my team who will bitch and moan or become hell beasts or lose effectiveness because they haven't eaten or slept, I tend to see them as weak--however, I admit that this is an unfair cognitive bias. Therefore, seeing as how I aim to get shit done, I'll allow them to do what they need in order to keep going. Based off of his video, he does not seem to be Si PoLR or Si creative.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    1.) He's neither a LIE nor a LSE; he himself said that his usage of Te is implicit (read:"implied but not directly expressed") which would speak to strong, albeit unconscious 4D Te. Moreover, he creatively uses Ti, as evidenced in his playful "is Nutella on toast a dessert?" quandary, which involves him questioning the logic of a "rule" and the degree to which that works/makes sense with other "rules" concerning the matter. LSEs and LIEs don't readily check something's Ti logical consistency in such a way, though our high D Ti is more than capable at spotting and pointing our logical inconsistencies--we just tend not to do this for the sake of. Why? Because we are Ti ignoring. Based on his video, he does not ignore Ti.

2.) Yes, not every strong, conscious Si user is stereotypically OCD and organized and totally neat/polished and will always stop whatever they're doing to cater to their physical needs; BUT, even as they ignore these Si matters, they are still extremely conscious/aware of them and the rest of humanity will suffer the longer those Si needs go unsatiated. lol IMO and IME, some of the most unbearable people to be around are starving, tired, unwell Si leads and creatives. Instinctively, as a Si PoLR, I look down on Si needs and those that take them "too seriously." If I have members on my team who will bitch and moan or become hell beasts or lose effectiveness because they haven't eaten or slept, I tend to see them as weak--however, I admit that this is an unfair cognitive bias. Therefore, seeing as how I aim to get shit done, I'll allow them to do what they need in order to keep going. Based off of his video, he does not seem to be Si PoLR or Si creative.
    He most certainly is LSE. He’s willful, obstinate when he wants to be. He uses Si ways to relax even if he doesn’t recognize it in his impressions of himself because he has cognitive dissonance
    -

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's annoying my dual barely cares how food tastes and is supposed to be paired with the one who is the best at making it.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    It's annoying my dual barely cares how food tastes and is supposed to be paired with the one who is the best at making it.
    ILE's are usually very particular about their taste in negative sense. No need to be good but never and I mean never it can be potentially bad (subjectively). ILE's probably starve themselves to death before they taste something totally undesirable (and this is very subjective as I can eat needles from a spruce but not white sauce with eggs).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    ILE's probably starve themselves to death before they taste something totally undesirable (and this is very subjective as I can eat needles from a spruce but not white sauce with eggs).
    Is a strong dislike for a specifc type of food really type related? I mean, for most if not all people there is some kind of food they can't stand.
    E.g. in my case. I can's stand coconut pulp, both the taste and the mouth feel. I'd describe the mouth feel of it as "greasy saw dust".
    I'd starve to death when stranded on a tropical island when the only source of food would be coconut palms; ironically you could live for a period of weeks only eating coconut pulp, because it belongs to the group of "complete food".
    ...and I can't stand the combination of peanut and caramel... There is a specfic brand of chocolate bar... I guess most readers know which brand I'm talking writing about.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 05-22-2019 at 11:35 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    Side note: My mom is most likely SEI-Si too, and I appreciated her cooking and baking skills... I moved out some time in the past.

As far as I can tell she doesn't even use recipes in written form. She has the recipes for at least 20 different meals, a bunch of cakes and pies, and how to prepare them in her head.
    Amazing... on the other hand she needs help with insurance and tax related stuff.