I expect her to follow some of these rules too. For example once she dressed in a too provocative way to go to a church ceremony. She asked me "am I beautiful?" and I was like "you know exactly what I think" in disdain. At least I've become way more flexible since I'm in this relationship. In the past I would have said "change your dress" and be persistent about it. Now I just say something if she asks me, but I try to let go.
— controlling about what someone wears, but it seems there was improvement

I know my behaviour sounds terrible, but I don't force her. I just state my opinion in a honest way. My reasoning is "I got my rules. She can act otherwise but I'll never change them in my head. If they're too annoying for her she's always free to leave".
— "my way or the highway" ...you say they're free to act otherwise, but your actions say something different. Physically blocking someone from getting a piercing is not "free to act otherwise."

I have had such traits since I was a child. When I was 12 or something I told my sister she shouldn't make a piercing on her tongue. I pretty much stayed in front of the door while she continued beating me. In the end she got to the outside and made her piercing. She regretted it after a few weeks. I also always told her to dress properly.
— controlling what people wear again, others have a right to their autonomous choices regardless of what the fuck you think about them

I don't like being like this. Everybody hates me for this and they're probably right. I just have grown up like this. My dad has always talked shit about such looks, and my mother was quite conservative too. I've always been a rule enforcer. I would like to change but I just can't. Inside of me when I notice something I should correct I just feel a strong push to act.
— Compulsion to control

I often feel obsolete.
— Yeah, bc we no longer live in a world where men have a right to tell women what to wear, how to act, "or get out" ... at least in healthier countries.

ARTICLE ABOUT CONTROL ISSUES