Threaded View

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Hi - you may want to try to get in touch with Peter Bartl over Facebook.

Seems like many of your typings were taken from other sources. Many of those I agree with.

But, I'd say Kępiński is IEI rather than LII.

Whitney Houston - more like Beta NF than ESE
    Neil deGrasse Tyson - ILE instead of ESE
    David Foster Wallace - EIE, not ILE
    Hegel - probably Ni lead rather than EIE
    Dostoyevsky is traditionally typed as EII
    Michael Jackson and Marilyn Monroe - probably IEI instead of EIE
    etc
    I was in contact with Jack from WSS for a while and he mentioned to me that it would be a good idea to get in contact with Peter Bartl but I didn't want to create a facebook account because I value privacy a lot. I think Jack and Peter Bartl follow a different approach to socionics anyway. I pretty much follow Gulenko's school of humanitarian socionics now, while Jack focuses a lot on Model A and is very critical of Gulenko.

I had a long discussion with Jack about Monroe, Obama and Macron because he thinks they are all IEI while I think they are extroverts. we didn't come to agreement here but I do personally think that all three of them are extroverts.

"David Foster Wallace - EIE, not ILE"

have you read Infinite Jest? at the end of the book DFW dedicates hundreds of pages to the explanation of terminology in a very visible Te way (to the point where it kind of hinders the flow of the book) . I've spoken with a couple of ILE about this and they mention that they a want information to be "out there", that everything is precisely explained. I'm very sure DFW is an ILE.

Dostoyevsky's typing as EII actually surprised me when I got introduced to socionics. I've read all of his books and the fact that he had a gambling problem didn't strike me as EII trait but more as Se valueing. Gulenko typed him and Robespierre as EIE and I agree with him. I disagree with some of Gulenko's typings too, though. for example, he types Nikola Tesla as ILE and Elon Musk as LSI. I think both are ILI. regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson, there's an interview with him and Ray Kurzweil that might be interesting to watch. Kurzweil is an ILE

https://youtu.be/PrZdAL_2LoU

I think ESE fits him best.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 05-19-2019 at 05:33 PM.