Thread: People raised by family in opposite quadra.

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My parents are gamma irrational duals. They love each other. They love their kids. What's there to know?
    I mean my father was SEE. Every time he had to go to the doctor he would much rather me be by his side because I am a thorough person who gets all the information and because of that I can cleverly figure out what to do in an affective manner. I sensed an overwhelming pain in my father during his last two days of life (he has high pain tolerance and usually can not sense his own pain maybe it was Si ignoring). I sensed it and begged to take him to the emergency room where the emergency room doctor came to speak to me in private saying "your father is in critical condition, it is best that we keep him comfortable now." You couldn't believe how hard I had to fight to keep my tears back. I had to because I didn't want to alarm my mom who was with us. They transferred him to a hospital bed and on our way my father pulled me close to him and kissed me on my forehead. It was the last kiss from him. I knew he was saying goodbye and I knew exactly what he would trust me to do which was to take care of everyone. He knew I would do it because all this talk about EII not having strength and will doesn't mean we are not brave and clever and capable to providing for our loved ones. I value a lot of things my father did for me as a parent, a teacher, a guide.

The only areas where we actually crashed were when my father would cook up a storm for all his social events I hated cleaning and he would leave me no choice but to do the clean up. I am like my dual rather to ourselves and my father just loved socializing. We would have a different group of people over every darn week and I hated it. I was the intellectual kid who had thousands of books and did not want people around. But, my father was a social butterfly. He had to have friends and family and people over all the time. Our communication was almost on a subconscious level too. I couldn't really share my thoughts with him but knew he knew what was going on because he was that perceptive. He loved fashion. My father purchased such nice expensive suits. He looked so good and he would order us to take a shower hahah his senses were so aware. He loved good food, he loved nice clothes, he loved smelling good, and he loved giving us experiences with road trips and socializing with many people. I would wear shoes for 10 years and he would look at them and say "when are you going to get new shoes? when are you going to get a new outfit?" lol I didn't care for material world.

There are crashes between people of the same quad. It's a lot of factors that determine conflict, even their own upbringing not necessarily exchange of functions.

My father obviously loved me because at the doctor's office one day he looks at me and said "I wanted 5 daughters my WIFE she ONLY WANT 2"
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-04-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    My parents are gamma irrational duals. They love each other. They love their kids. What's there to know?
    I mean my father was SEE. Every time he had to go to the doctor he would much rather me be by his side because I am a thorough person who gets all the information and because of that I can cleverly figure out what to do in an affective manner. I sensed an overwhelming pain in my father during his last two days of life (he has high pain tolerance and usually can not sense his own pain maybe it was Si ignoring). I sensed it and begged to take him to the emergency room where the emergency room doctor came to speak to me in private saying "your father is in critical condition, it is best that we keep him comfortable now." You couldn't believe how hard I had to fight to keep my tears back. I had to because I didn't want to alarm my mom who was with us. They transferred him to a hospital bed and on our way my father pulled me close to him and kissed me on my forehead. It was the last kiss from him. I knew he was saying goodbye and I knew exactly what he would trust me to do which was to take care of everyone. He knew I would do it because all this talk about EII not having strength and will doesn't mean we are not brave and clever and capable to providing for our loved ones. I value a lot of things my father did for me as a parent, a teacher, a guide.

The only areas where we actually crashed were when my father would cook up a storm for all his social events I hated cleaning and he would leave me no choice but to do the clean up. I am like my dual rather to ourselves and my father just loved socializing. We would have a different group of people over every darn week and I hated it. I was the intellectual kid who had thousands of books and did not want people around. But, my father was a social butterfly. He had to have friends and family and people over all the time. Our communication was almost on a subconscious level too. I couldn't really share my thoughts with him but knew he knew what was going on because he was that perceptive. He loved fashion. My father purchased such nice expensive suits. He looked so good and he would order us to take a shower hahah his senses were so aware. He loved good food, he loved nice clothes, he loved smelling good, and he loved giving us experiences with road trips and socializing with many people. I would wear shoes for 10 years and he would look at them and say "when are you going to get new shoes? when are you going to get a new outfit?" lol I didn't care for material world.

There are crashes between people of the same quad. It's a lot of factors that determine conflict, even their own upbringing not necessarily exchange of functions.

My father obviously loved me because at the doctor's office one day he looks at me and said "I wanted 5 daughters my WIFE she ONLY WANT 2"
    Do you think growing up with dual parents contributed to yourself finding and marrying a dual?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Do you think growing up with dual parents contributed to yourself finding and marrying a dual?
    no not at all. In fact all the people I was dating were Activity and conflict relations. I didn't know the special aspects of duality only that I was just naturally comfortable around my dual cousin. I knew what I was always looking for, someone who liked to start their own business, or had their own interests; someone who was compassionate, who had humanity at the heart of their concern - like helping others when they could, someone who wasn't afraid to show their feelings.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html